Medicine Overview of Psorinol Ointment
Burning sensation, Skin irritation.
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and gently massage the ointment. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
Dithranol belongs to the class of medications know as antimitotic drugs. It works by reducing the scaling and thickening of the skin thereby helping to clear patches of psoriasis by restoring normal skin development.
In Depth Information on Psorinol Ointment
- Do wash the skin or scalp one hour after application of dithranol as prolonged exposure may cause skin burning and excessive soreness.
- Do not apply dithranol on areas of folded skin, such as groin, axilla or underneath the breasts as the skin’s response to dithranol tends to be stronger in these areas.
- Avoid contact of the cream with eyes, nose and mouth.
- Do not use dithranol to treat areas of psoriasis lesions on your face.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to dithranol or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have psoriasis where skin lesions feel and look sore and angry, or on pustular psoriasis (where skin lesions are very tender, inflamed, and involve small blisters filled with pus).
Psorinol Ointment related warnings
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Psorinol 0.25% Ointment may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Psorinol 0.25% Ointment is probably safe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
The baby's skin should not come into direct contact with the treated area of skin. Water-miscible cream/gel is preferred as ointments may expose the baby to harmful effects of Psorinol 0.25% Ointment via licking.
Psorinol 0.25% Ointment does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Psorinol 0.25% Ointment is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Psorinol 0.25% Ointment may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Psorinol 0.25% Ointment is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Psorinol 0.25% Ointment may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Psorinol 0.25% Ointment, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Psorinol 0.25% Ointment: HMP, GPP, RHL, MMS, ATL, SWA, RDR, DYG, NVL, SGH, HGI, IPL, 9T9, HPC, HZF, DGN, OIP, RJH, AGT, MAM, RPP, HNP, RWP, HIP, ANT, VDH, MDH, RSS, THP, DLP, DPL, BSN, BIO, HEX, RHW, BLE, MPC, TFP, SAF, INC, BHP, DPP, ZEL, HBV, MDO, KHC, SRG, ABP, VRS, SHC, PPR, GBL, ZVP, DFP, TOM, SVH, SWP, BTM, USF, BHM, HTS, DAO, JVN, WSI, HAT, PVP, KMC, JVO, ADT, SPD, RKS, NVY, VNS, HSP, OHM, MAK, SCH, BAL, JIV, NXG, PRN, TNH, NDP, PLT, WHL, DVH, DHR, SBA, NSL, BAP, AYM, RSA, NAS, PMA, GHR, GTK, BBS, OLT, SYN, STA, GPT, NNH, EMB, JSL, ENP, ARD, GTC, UMP, AAR, MLC, MSD, AAY, FGH, KHH, PEN, BDN, LHA, ATP, MAX, LCC, PNT, RUS, QTM, P2P, CHP, SLN, SBL, AMR, QLF, GNC, BMJ, SHD, SGC, SHP, ESY, CLT, EQN, SSA, SJP, RDH, IAD, RPI, SVS, EVP, PWN, PTI, NTB, AYU, OWP, SDM, TRP