Medicine Overview of Primopol Injection
Uses of Primopol Injection
Primopol Injection is used to prevent Polio.
How to use Primopol Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Primopol Injection works
Primopol injection is an inactivated vaccine (made from a dead virus). It helps develop immunity by forming antibodies, which are proteins that protect against infection caused by viruses present in the vaccine.
In Depth Information on Primopol Injection
Expert advice for Primopol Injection
- Ensure that you take further booster doses of polio vaccine after every 5 years in children and after 10 years in adults.
- Inform your doctor before vaccination if you have blood clotting disorder or high grade fever or any acute illness as your vaccination may have to be postponed until you recover.
- Tell your doctor if you are currently taking any immunosuppressant or if you are infected with disease that affects your immune system.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to polio vaccine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if having low platelet count.
- Do not take if suffering with high grade fever or acute illness.
Special precautions for Primopol Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Primopol Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Primopol Injection is safe to use during lactation. Human s+more
tudies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Primopol Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Primopol Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney di+more
sease. No dose adjustment of Primopol Injection is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Beetal Tablet, Decmax 4mg Tablet, Tacsant 0.5mg Capsule, Decamycin 4mg Injection
If you miss a dose of Polio Vaccine, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Primopol 2ml Injection
Frequently asked questions for Polio Vaccine
Q. Is polio vaccine necessary?
Yes, polio virus attacks the nervous system causing paralysis, especially of lower limbs. Polio vaccine provides protection against this virus
Q. Does polio vaccine causes cancer, polio or autism?
No, it is not known to cause cancer or autism. It offers protection against polio
Q. Does polio vaccine cause fever, pain or result in scar?
Polio vaccine may cause temporary fever or pain at injection site. It does leave any scar at injection site.
Substitutes for Primopol Injection
₹125.0/ml of Injection