food interaction for PRIMELIFE
alcohol interaction for PRIMELIFE
pregnancy interaction for PRIMELIFE
lactation interaction for PRIMELIFE
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR PRIMELIFE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR PRIMELIFE
- MALIRID DS TABLET(7 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 4.49/tabletRs. 31.46pay 1% more per tablet
- PMQ INGA 15 MG TABLET(14 tablets in strip)Inga Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 4.16/tabletRs. 58.30save 6% more per tablet
- PRIMARID 15MG TABLET(7 tablets in strip)Themis Medicare LtdRs. 4.29/tabletRs. 30save 3% more per tablet
- R C VAX 15MG TABLET(14 tablets in strip)Unicure India Pvt LtdRs. 4.29/tabletRs. 60save 3% more per tablet
- PRIMEC 15MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)McW HealthcareRs. 4.95/tabletRs. 49.50pay 12% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR PRIMELIFE
- You may undergo blood examinations particularly blood counts, hemoglobin determination during your treatment with primaquine.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from any of the following: heart disease, low potassium in the blood (hypokalemia) and/or low magnesium in the blood (hypomagnesemia).
- Do not take the given dose of primaquine for >14 days.
- Do not take along with drugs which are known to cause disordered electrical activity of heart (QT prolongation).
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR PRIMELIFE
Q. Is primaquine a sulfa drug/does primaquine contain sulfa?
No. Primaquine is neither a sulfa drug nor contain sulfa
Q. Is primaquine safe?
Primaquine is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is primaquine a prodrug?
Derivatives of primaquine are available in prodrug form, after metabolism primaquine gets converted into carboxyprimaquine
Q. What is primaquine phosphate used for/ what does primaquine treat?
Primaquine is used to treat and prevent repeated occurrence of symptoms of malaria
Q. Why is primaquine given with clindamycin?
Primaquine and clindamycin are given together for the treatment of Pneumocystis pneumonia
Q. Why is primaquine given in falciparum malaria?
Primaquine is active against primary erythrocytic stage of malarial parasite called Plasmodium falciparum, so it is given in falciparum malaria
Q. Does primaquine treat chlamydia?
No. Primaquine is specifically used in the treatment of malaria and Pneumocystis pneumonia. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.