food interaction for POVIMED PLUS 5%W/W/1%W/W OINTMENT
alcohol interaction for POVIMED PLUS 5%W/W/1%W/W OINTMENT
pregnancy interaction for POVIMED PLUS 5%W/W/1%W/W OINTMENT
lactation interaction for POVIMED PLUS 5%W/W/1%W/W OINTMENT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for POVIMED PLUS 5%W/W/1%W/W OINTMENT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for POVIMED PLUS 5%W/W/1%W/W OINTMENTNo substitutes found
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for POVIMED PLUS 5%W/W/1%W/W OINTMENT
- Talk to your doctor if you are taking any prescription drugs, especially drugs used for thinning of blood such as warfarin.
- Avoid direct contact of cream/ solution/ powder with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to tinidazole or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for POVIMED PLUS 5%W/W/1%W/W OINTMENT
Q.Is tinidazole or Fasigyn an antibiotic/sulfa drug?
Tinidazole is an antibiotic/anti-protozoal/anti-amoebic drug. It is not a sulfa drug
Q.Is tinidazole the same as metronidazole/Flagyl?
Tinidazole is different from metronidazole (also called as Flagyl). However, both of them belong to the same class of drugs
Q.Does tinidazole cure bacterial vaginosis, Chlamydial and urinary tract infection (UTI)?
Tinidazole is effective in the treatment of bacterial vaginosis and Chlamydial infections. But it is not used for treatment of UTI
Q.Does tinidazole cause yeast infections/diarrhea/cancer?
Prolonged use of tinidazole may cause candida or yeast infections. There is no evidence of tinidazole causing diarrhea or cancer. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.