food interaction for POLE DP
alcohol interaction for POLE DP
pregnancy interaction for POLE DP
lactation interaction for POLE DP
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for POLE DP
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for POLE DP
- DOMPAN TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Medley PharmaceuticalsRs. 7.60/tabletRs. 76pay 46% more per tablet
- ULPAN D 10 MG/20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Corona Remedies Pvt LtdRs. 5.80/tabletRs. 58pay 12% more per tablet
- PANSA-D TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 6.59/tabletRs. 65.90pay 27% more per tablet
- PANTIN RD 10MG/20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 3.60/tabletRs. 36save 31% more per tablet
- NUPENTA D 10MG/20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.71/tabletRs. 47.10save 9% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for POLE DP
- Do not take Domperidone, if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the tablets.
- Do not take the medicine, if you notice black, tarry stools (bowel motions) or blood in your stools, blockage or tear in the intestines or if you have a tumor of the pituitary gland (prolactinoma).
- Do not take the drug, if you have moderate to severe liver disease, heart problems (irregular heart rate or heart failure) or abnormal salt levels in the blood.
- Do not crush or chew the tablets, swallow them whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take the drug if you intend to drive or operate heavy machinery as it may cause drowsiness.
- Always take the tablets 15 to 30 minutes before meals and, if needed, before going to bed at night.
- Consult your doctor, if you are above 60 years of age and taking domperidone for a long period of time.
- Inform your doctor, if you are already taking medicines for fungal infections (ketoconazole) or antibiotics (e.g. gentamycin, erythromycin).
Frequently asked questions for POLE DP
Q.What is Domperidone/ domstal used for and how long can I take it?
Domperidone (also known as domstal) is used for the treatment of short-term (upto 48 hours) and long-term (upto 2 weeks) problems of nausea, vomiting, belching, gas, heartburn and bloating (not to be confused as laxative, steroid or antacid). Always take the drug exactly as your doctor has told you to
Q.Is domperidone an over the counter drug?
No, domperidone is not an OTC drug and it is not advisable to take it without a prescription
Q.Can I take domperidone with citalopram?
Domperidone may increase the sedative effect of citalopram and may interact with other drugs like antibiotics, pain-killers or anti-fungals. Consult your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines
Q.Does domperidone cause weight-gain?
No. Domperidone does not cause weight-gain. If you notice an abnormal weight-gain, visit your doctor
Q.Does domperidone raise the blood pressure or cause depression?
These effects are generally not seen with use of domperidone. But if you are experiencing these side effects, please consult your doctor.
Q.Is pantoprazole safe?
Pantoprazole is relatively safe if taken in prescribed dose for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.What is Pantocid 20/Pantocid 40/Pantosec/ Pantium used for?
Pantocid (20 or 40 mg)/Pantosec/Pantium are various brands of pantoprazole available and used for the same indications as pantoprazole
Q.Can I take pantoprazole with other medications?
It is safe to take other medications with pantoprazole if prescribed by your doctor. However, it should not be taken with ketoconazole and other anti-fungals, warfarin, atazanavir and erlotinib
Q.Does pantoprazole cause weight gain, dizziness, constipation, bloating, or headache?
Pantoprazole may cause weight changes, dizziness, constipation, bloating, or headache. If you notice such symptoms, consult your doctor
Q.Is pantoprazole an antacid?
No, pantoprazole is not an antacid. It reduces the production of acid in stomach, while antacids neutralize the acids present in stomach
Q.Is pantoprazole gluten free?
Yes. Pantoprazole is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.