Domperidone + Pantoprazole
Information about Domperidone + Pantoprazole
Domperidone + pantoprazole uses
How domperidone + pantoprazole works
This is a combination of two medicines: Domperidone and Pantoprazole. Domperidone is a prokinetic which works on the upper digestive tract to increase the movement of the stomach and intestines, allowing the food to move more easily through the stomach. Pantoprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) which works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in the relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
Common side effects of domperidone + pantoprazole
Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Flatulence, Dryness in mouth, Dizziness, Headache
Available Medicine for Domperidone + Pantoprazole
- ₹178Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹96 to ₹196Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹115Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹207Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹91 to ₹118Medley Pharmaceuticals5 variant(s)
- ₹52 to ₹66Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹56 to ₹110Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹80Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹77 to ₹119Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹85 to ₹195Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Domperidone + Pantoprazole
- You have been prescribed Domperidone + Pantoprazole for the treatment of acidity and heartburn.
- Take it one hour before the meal, preferably in the morning.
- It is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time.
- Inform your doctor if you get watery diarrhea, fever or stomach pain that does not go away.
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking it for 14 days as you may be suffering from some other problem that needs attention.
- Long-term use can cause weak bones and deficiency of minerals such as magnesium. Take adequate dietary intake of calcium and magnesium or their supplements as prescribed by your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Domperidone + Pantoprazole
Domperidone + Pantoprazole
Q. What is Domperidone+Pantoprazole?
Domperidone+Pantoprazole is a combination of two medicines: Domperidone and Pantoprazole. This combination is used to treat acidity, heartburn or Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD); a condition where the acid in the stomach flows back up into the food pipe (esophagus). It is also used to treat gastric and duodenal ulcers. On the other hand, Domperidone helps to control vomiting. It increases the movement of the stomach and intestines which allows the food to move more easily through the stomach.
Q. Is it safe to use Domperidone+Pantoprazole?
Domperidone+Pantoprazole is safe for most of the patients. However, in some patients, it may cause common side effects like diarrhea, stomach pain, flatulence, dryness in the mouth, dizziness, headache, and other uncommon and rare side effects. If you experience any persistent problem while taking this medication, inform your doctor.
Q. Are there any specific contraindications associated with the use of Domperidone+Pantoprazole?
The use of Domperidone+Pantoprazole is considered to be harmful for patients with a known hypersensitivity to pantoprazole or domperidone or any other inactive ingredients of the medicine. Caution is advised in patients with underlying kidney or liver disease.
Q. Can the use of Domperidone+Pantoprazole cause dry mouth?
Yes, the use of Domperidone+Pantoprazole can cause dry mouth. Dryness of mouth occurs due to Domperidone. If you experience dry mouth, drink plenty of water. Take regular sips of water during the day and keep some water on your bedside at night. Cut down the intake of alcohol and avoid smoking. If you have a dry mouth, try to use alcohol-free mouthwash as its use can increase the risk of tooth decay.
Q. Can the use of Domperidone+Pantoprazole cause diarrhea?
Yes, the use of Domperidone+Pantoprazole can cause diarrhea. In case, you experience diarrhea, drink plenty of water or other fluids by taking small frequent sips. Avoid taking fatty or fried foods along with this medication. Talk to your doctor if diarrhea persists and you notice signs of dehydration, like less urination with dark colored and strong-smelling urine.
Q. What are the instructions for storage and disposal of Domperidone+Pantoprazole?
Keep this medicine in the container it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.