food interaction for OVICARD
alcohol interaction for OVICARD
pregnancy interaction for OVICARD
lactation interaction for OVICARD
SALT INFORMATION for OVICARD
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for OVICARD
- OVIGYN DSR 75 MG TABLET(7 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 46.89/tabletRs. 328.20pay 34% more per tablet
- SAFEGEST D 75 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Goddres Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 9.43/tabletRs. 94.28save 73% more per tablet
- OVUSPARK SR 75 MG TABLET(7 tablets in strip)Bharat Serums & Vaccines LtdRs. 42.86/tabletRs. 300pay 22% more per tablet
- SAFEGEST D 75 MG TABLET(7 tablets in strip)Goddres Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 28.57/tabletRs. 200save 18% more per tablet
- FULFIL SR TABLET 75MG(10 tablets in strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 35/tabletRs. 350same price
- Dr. Jasjeet Singh WasirMBBS, MD
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Ambrish MithalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sunil Kumar MishraMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for OVICARD
- Do consult your doctor before taking dehydroepiandrosterone, if you have a history of heart problems; low blood levels of ‘good cholesterol’ (HDL); diabetes; liver or kidney problems; prostate cancer or an enlarged prostate gland; cancers of breast or uterus; or any mental disorder.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone is not recommended for use in children and males.
- Do not take Dehydroepiandrosterone if you are pregnant or breastfeeding t or planning to become pregnant.
Frequently asked questions for OVICARD
Q.Is dehydroepiandrosterone safe?
Yes. Dehydroepiandrosterone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is dehydroepiandrosterone a steroid?
Yes. Dehydroepiandrosterone has a steroidal structure similar to naturally produced hormone dehydroepiandrosterone in the body
Q.Is dehydroepiandrosterone legal/ is used for?
Dehydroepiandrosterone is a prescription drug
Q.Does dehydroepiandrosterone work?
It is used in the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus (disease in which your body's immune system attacks your tissues and organs causing inflammation that affects your joints, skin and other major organs) in women and women with adrenal insufficiency, aging skin, weak bones (osteoporosis), decreasing symptoms of menopause and depression. It is used but results from clinical trials of dehydroepiandrosterone regarding its effectiveness have been inconsistent
Q.Is dehydroepiandrosterone a hormone?
Yes. Dehydroepiandrosterone is a steroidal hormone made and released by the adrenal glands in the body. It is involved in the production of male and female sex hormones (androgens and estrogen)
Q.Is dehydroepiandrosterone FDA approved?
Dehydroepiandrosterone is approved by the FDA for use in the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus (disease in which your body's immune system attacks your tissues and organs causing inflammation that affects your joints, skin and other major organs) in women
Q.What is dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate?
Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-sulfate) is a processed form (metabolite) of hormone
Q.What is dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate test?
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) released by adrenal glands in males and females. The dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate test is used to measure blood levels of DHEA-sulfate to check the functioning of the adrenal glands. High blood levels of DHEA-sulfate is found in women with male characteristics (virilism), abnormal hair growth on a women's face and body (hirsutism), infertility or irregular periods. DHEA-sulfate levels are lower in women having systemic lupus erythematosus (disease in which your body's immune system attacks your tissues and organs causing inflammation that affects your joints, skin and other major organs) and osteoporosis (thinning and weakening of bones)
Q.What is dehydroepiandrosterone made from?
Dehydroepiandrosterone is made artificially in laboratories from chemicals found in wild yam and soy
Q.How long can I take DHEA for?
Please follow the advice of your doctor regarding the dose and duration of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)
Q.Can I take DHEA with HRT/ Androgel/testosterone/birth control?
Use of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) with hormone replacement therapy (HRT) containing androgens (e.g. testosterone; trade name: Androgel) and estrogens should be avoided due to increased risk of side effects. Birth control medications that may contain estrogen (or similar drugs) should be avoided while taking DHEA
Q.Can I take DHEA with thyroid medication/ Synthroid/ Clomid/ Vitex?
There are no known serious interactions between dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and thyroid medications (levothyroxine; trade name: Synthroid), clomiphene (trade name: Clomid) or Vitex (herb used to improve fertility). Please inform your doctor about all the medications (including herbal and dietary supplements) you are currently taking to avoid interactions that may reduce effectiveness of any treatment or aggravate side effects
Q.Can I take DHEA with Wellbutrin?
Drugs used for the treatment of depression including bupropion (trade name: Wellbutrin) should be used with caution while taking dehydroepiandrosterone DHEA. Please inform your doctor if you have any psychiatric condition and are receiving any medication for it before taking DHEA
Q.Can I take DHEA with high blood pressure?
Please consult your doctor before taking dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) if you have high blood pressure
Q.Does dehydroepiandrosterone build muscle?
Dehydroepiandrosterone may be used to build muscles and increase muscle strength, however, there are insufficient evidences supporting its effectiveness.