food interaction for OLMESAR AV
alcohol interaction for OLMESAR AV
pregnancy interaction for OLMESAR AV
lactation interaction for OLMESAR AV
Taking Atorvastation with alcohol may increase the risk of liver damage.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for OLMESAR AV
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for OLMESAR AVNo substitutes found
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for OLMESAR AV
- Olmesartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Olmesartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Olmesartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Olmesartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
Frequently asked questions for OLMESAR AV
Q.What is olmesartan medoxomil?
Olmesartan medoxomil is available as olmezest or Benicar is an angiotensin II receptor blocker. It is not beta blocker or ACE inhibitor
Q.Is olmesartan better than telmisartan or losartan?
No, the effects of olmesartan, telmisartan or losartan are similar but may vary upon individual response
Q.Is olmesartan a blood thinner / statin?
No, olmesartan decreases the pressure in the blood vessels and increases the amount of fluid removed from the blood by the kidneys
Q.Is olmesartan safe?
Olmesartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does olmesartan cause impotence?
No, olmesartan does not cause impotence.
Q.What is tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20?
Atorvastatin (also available as tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20) belong to group of medications called statins (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors. It acts by blocking the enzyme HMG CoA reductase and formation of cholesterol, thus, lowering the blood lipid levels.
Q.Is atorvastatin same as simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (or statins) with similar action but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Is atorvastatin diuretic/ beta blocker/ ace inhibitor?
No. Atorvastatin belongs to class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor or statins
Q.It atorvastatin gluten free?
Yes. It is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Is it a blood thinner?
No. it is a lipid lowering drug
Q.Is atorvastatin better than simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same category of medications with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always consult your doctor regarding its use.