food interaction for NODON CH
alcohol interaction for NODON CH
pregnancy interaction for NODON CH
lactation interaction for NODON CH
Taking Chlorthalidone with alcohol may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NODON CH
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for NODON CHNo substitutes found
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for NODON CH
- Nebivolol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Nebivolol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Nebivolol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Nebivolol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
Frequently asked questions for NODON CH
Q.What is nebivolol used for?
Nebivolol belongs to a class of medication call beta-blockers. This is used to treat high blood pressure and chronic heart failure
Q.Is nebivolol a generic?
Nebivolol is not a generic
Q.Is it a generic for bystoli?
Bystoli and Nebicard are the brand names for nebivolol
Q.What is Nebicard?
Bystoli and Nebicard are the brand names for nebivolol. Both bisoprolol and nebivolol belong to the same category of medications called beta-blockers. Only a doctor would be correctly able to prescribe bisoprolol or nebivolol to you based on the symptoms
Q.Is it better than bisoprolol?
Both bisoprolol and nebivolol belong to the same category of medications called beta-blockers. Only a doctor would be correctly able to prescribe bisoprolol or nebivolol to you based on the symptoms
Q.Is nebivolol safe?
Nebivolol is safe if used for an indication and a dose prescribed by your doctor
Q.Is nebivolol a diuretic/ACE blocker/beta-blocker?
Nebivolol is a beta-blocker. It is not a diuretic
Q.Does it contain nitrates?
ACE blocker and it does not contain nitrates
Q.How does nebivolol work?
Nebivolol belongs to a class of medication call beta-blockers. It relaxes the blood vessels and slows the heart rate thus improving blood flow and decreasing blood pressure. The reduced blood pressure makes it easier for a weak heart to pump blood at a slower rate, which is why it works in heart failure also
Q.Can I take nebivolol with ibuprofen?
Nebivolol is not known to interact with ibuprofen, but it should be taken only after doctor's advice
Q.Does nebivolol cause hair loss/weight gain/impotence/increase testosterone levels?
Nebivolol is is not known to cause hair loss/weight gain or increase testosterone levels. Uncommonly, it causes impotence
Q.Does nebivolol cross blood brain barrier?
Nebivolol may cross the blood brain barrier in small amounts.
Q.What is chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5?
Chlorthalidone belongs to class of medications called thiazide diuretics
Q.Is chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5 a generic drug?
Yes, chlorthalidone is the generic name and hydrazine 12.5 is brand name
Q.Is chlorthalidone an ace inhibitor/potassium sparing diuretic/sulfa drug/benzodiazepine/a blood thinner?
No, chlorthalidone belongs to class of medication called as thiazide diuretics
Q.Is chlorthalidone a water pill?
Yes, it is a diuretic and also called as ‘water pill'
Q.Is chlorthalidone better than hydrochlorothiazide?
Chlorthalidone and hydrochlorothiazide belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Can I take chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5 with ibuprofen/Excedrin/Tylenol?
There is no observed drug interaction. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q.Can amitriptyline cause weight loss: gain/cough/low potassium/high blood sugar/erectile dysfunction?
Amitriptyline can cause low potassium/high blood pressure. Patients should consult the doctor regarding the possible side effects.