food interaction for NITROBACT
alcohol interaction for NITROBACT
pregnancy interaction for NITROBACT
lactation interaction for NITROBACT
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NITROBACT
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for NITROBACT 100 MG CAPSULE
Patients taking NITROBACT 100 MG CAPSULE
- 87%Twice A Day
- 13%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for NITROBACT
- NIFTRAN 100 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 11.45/capsuleRs. 114.50pay 68% more per capsule
- TROYDANTIN 100 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.47/capsuleRs. 84.70pay 24% more per capsule
- NIFTRAN TM 100 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 11.45/capsuleRs. 114.50pay 68% more per capsule
- NITRO 100MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)West-Coast Pharmaceutical Works LtdRs. 11/capsuleRs. 110pay 61% more per capsule
- URIFAST CP 100MG CAPSULE(30 capsules in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 11/capsuleRs. 330pay 61% more per capsule
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for NITROBACT
- Take nitrofurantoin tablets after food or milk for optimum absorption.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with nitrofurantoin.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking nitrofurantoin and undergoing urine glucose test, as it may affect the result.
- Do not take this drug if you are in the last 2 to 4 weeks of your pregnancy.
- Do not breast feed your baby while you are taking this drug.
- Do not take it with antacids that contain magnesium.
Frequently asked questions for NITROBACT
Q.Does nitrofurantoin contain sulfa or a form of penicillin, macrolide, or tetracycline?
No, nitrofurantoin does not contain sulfa or not a penicillin, macrolide, or tetracycline drug. It is nitrofuran antibiotic
Q.Can I take nitrofurantoin for sinus, tooth, or yeast infections; tonsillitis, bronchitis, strep throat, sexually transmitted infection (chlamydia), or urinary tract infection (UTI)?
Nitrofurantoin is specifically treat infection of bladder kidneys, and UTI. It is not used for any other infections. Please consult your doctor for your medical condition before taking the drug
Q.Can I take nitrofurantoin with amoxicillin, metronidazole, ibuprofen, paracetamol, omeprazole, trimethoprim, amitriptyline, hydrocodone?
Nitrofurantoin is not reported to interact with amoxicillin, metronidazole, ibuprofen, paracetamol, omeprazole, trimethoprim, amitriptyline, or hydrocodone. Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q.Does nitrofurantoin cause constipation or discolor urine?
Nitrofurantoin may discolor the urine, but it is not known to cause constipation. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is nitrofurantoin better than trimethoprim?
Both nitrofurantoin and trimethoprim are effective against bladder, kidney, and urinary tract infections. Any of them can be better depending on sensitivity of bacterial infection. Consult your doctor for appropriate prescription based on your medical condition
Q.Is nitrofurantoin a narcotic drug?
No, nitrofurantoin is not a narcotic drug
Q.Does nitrofurantoin affect birth control?
Nitrofurantoin reduces the activity of estrogen-containing contraceptive products and hence may result in birth control failure. Consult your doctor for alternative birth control measures if needed
Q.Is nitrofurantoin safe?
Nitrofurantoin is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.