food interaction for NIACIN NF
alcohol interaction for NIACIN NF
pregnancy interaction for NIACIN NF
lactation interaction for NIACIN NF
medicine interaction for NIACIN NF
Avoid Niacin nf tablet with acidic food and beverages such as sugar, certain dairy products, fish, processed foods, fresh meats and processed meats,sodas and other sweetened beverages.
SALT INFORMATION FOR NIACIN NF
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR NIACIN NF TABLET
Patients taking NIACIN NF TABLET
- 68%Once A Day
- 17%Twice A Day
- 11%Alternate Day
- 4%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR NIACIN NFNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR NIACIN NF
- Do not use nicotinamide in children.
- Caution should be observed if large doses are prescribed in patients with a history of jaundice, liver disease, or diabetes mellitus.
- Do not take nicotinamide along with fibrates (e.g. Clofibrate) and statins (e.g. Simvastatin) as it may cause rhabdomyolysis.
- Do not take nicotinamide along with alcohol.
- Caution should be taken in the use of supplements containing copper, which may cause severe heart defects (second or third degree heart blocks) in patients with chronic liver or renal failure.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken, or might take any other medicines.
Frequently asked questions FOR NIACIN NF
Q. Is nicotinamide safe?
Nicotinamide is safe if used as recommended. In case of any side effects, consult your doctor
Q. Does nicotinamide contain nicotine?
No. Nicotinamide in no way contain nicotine. Nicotinamide is amide form of nicotinic acid and used to treat skin diseases like acne and pellagra
Q. Is nicotinamide good for acne?
Yes. Nicotinamide when taken along with zinc and folic acid is a good treatment of acne
Q. Is nicotinamide the same as niacin?
No. Nicotinamide is an amide form of nicotinic acid
Q. Is nicotinamide available over the counter?
Yes. Nicotinamide is available over the counter. However, please consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Does nicotinamide cause flushing?
In case of overdose, nicotinamide may cause flushing or rash. Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration.