food interaction for NEZALAST
alcohol interaction for NEZALAST
pregnancy interaction for NEZALAST
lactation interaction for NEZALAST
medicine interaction for NEZALAST
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR NEZALAST
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR NEZALAST NASAL SPRAY
Patients taking NEZALAST NASAL SPRAY
- 41%Twice A Day
- 41%Once A Day
- 15%Thrice A Day
- 4%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR NEZALAST
- DUONASE 50 MCG/140 MCG NASAL SPRAY(70 MDI nasal spray in packet)Cipla LtdRs. 4.14/MDI of nasal sprayRs. 290pay 21% more per MDI of nasal spray
- NAZOMAC AF NASAL SPRAY(12 ML nasal spray in packet)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 21.64/ML of nasal sprayRs. 259.70pay 531% more per ML of nasal spray
- FLORESP AZ 50 MCG/140 MCG NASAL SPRAY(7 ML nasal spray in packet)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 36/ML of nasal sprayRs. 252pay 950% more per ML of nasal spray
- FLUBLOCK AZ 50 MCG/140 MCG NASAL SPRAY(7 ML nasal spray in packet)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 38.43/ML of nasal sprayRs. 269pay 1021% more per ML of nasal spray
- SARNASE 50 MCG/140 MCG NASAL SPRAY(15 ML nasal spray in packet)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 12.11/ML of nasal sprayRs. 181.72pay 253% more per ML of nasal spray
Expert advice FOR NEZALAST
- Do not use the medicine (inhaler or spray): If you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine. If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
- Inform your doctor before using the medicine if you have tuberculosis, other chest or lung infection, breathing problem, cold, liver disease or thin or brittle bones.
- Do not use fluticasone inhalation to treat an asthma attack that has already begun.
- Do not use fluticasone inhalation of you are allergic to milk proteins.
- Do not use the fluticasone cream on areas where you have itchiness, redness, rashes, infection or acne on the skin.
- Inform your doctor if you have breathing problems or tightness in the chest even after taking the medicine.
Frequently asked questions FOR NEZALAST
Q. Is fluticasone an antibiotic/steroid/anti-histaminic/anti-cholinergic drug?
Fluticasone is a steroid but not an antibiotic/anti-histaminic/anti-cholinerhic/decongestant drug.It is used to treat nasal congestion (decongestant) and other symptoms caused by allergies or conditions like asthma
Q. Does it contain sulfa?
It does not contain sulfa
Q. Is fluticasone available over the counter?
No. Fluticasone is a prescription drug. It is not available over the counter
Q. Is Fluticasone the same as Nasonex/Flonase?
Fluticasone is also available in the branded form as Flonase nasal spray
Q. Does it contain acetaminophen?
However, Nasonex consists of another drug called Mometasone also used for treating nasal allergies. Acetaaminofen is a different medication
Q. What is used for?
Fluticasone (in the form of inhaler) is used to treat symptoms of asthma and nasal inflammation such as coughing, wheezing, blocked nose, runny nose
Q. Is fluticasone used for cold?
It is also used as topical cream to treat various skin allergies and infections. It is not used for common cold
Q. Can I take fluticasone with Benadryl/Sudafed/Zyrtec/ Afrin/Allegra/Mucinex?
Yes. Fluticasone may be taken with Benadryl (diphenhydramine)/Sudafed (pseudoephedrine)/Zyrtec (cetrizine)/ Afrin (oxymetazoline)/Allegra (fexofenadine)/Mucinex (guaifenesin) if prescribed by your doctor
Q. Does fluticasone propionate cause weight gain/drowsiness/ wakefulness?
Fluticasone may cause weight gain since it is a steroid drug. It may cause drowsiness or wakefulness. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. Is fluticasone addictive?
No. Fluticasone is not an addictive or a controlled/banned substance
Q. Dose fluticasone cause nose bleeds?
Yes. The most common and expected side-effect of fluticasone nasal spray/inhaler is nose bleeding. If your bleeding is more or does not stop, please consult your doctor
Q. Can I take fluticasone if I have high blood pressure?
It is advisable to consult your doctor before taking fluticasone if you have high blood pressure.
Q. Is azelastine/Duonase/ a steroid/anticholinergic/corticosteroid/antihistamine/decongestant?
It is an antihistaminic drug
Q. Is azelastine over the counter/OTC?
No, it is available with doctor’s prescription only
Q. Is azelastine addictive?
No, it is not addictive. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is azelastine the same as Flonase?
No, azelastine is a different drug. Flonase contains the drug fluticasone
Q. Can I take Benadryl/Zyrtec/Claritin with azelastine?
Taking other medicines may alter the effects of azelastine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does azelastine/azelastine Hcl work?
It works at the prescribed dose for suggested disease condition. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Does azelastine cause drowsiness/nose bleeds/weight gain/raise blood pressure/make you tired/sleepy?
Azelastine causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects.