food interaction for NEOPAM
alcohol interaction for NEOPAM
pregnancy interaction for NEOPAM
lactation interaction for NEOPAM
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR NEOPAM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR NEOPAM
- ALDOPAM 500MG INJECTION(20 ML injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 7.75/ML of injectionRs. 155pay 63% more per ML of injection
- CBC PAM 500MG INJECTION(20 ML injection in vial)Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 9.75/ML of injectionRs. 195pay 105% more per ML of injection
- TOXIPAM 500MG INJECTION(20 ML injection in vial)Bharat Serums & Vaccines LtdRs. 9.50/ML of injectionRs. 190pay 100% more per ML of injection
- PAM 500 MG INJECTION(20 ML injection in vial)Acme PharmaceuticalRs. 8.33/ML of injectionRs. 166.66pay 75% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR NEOPAM
- Pralidoxime is not effective in the treatment of poisoning due to phosphorus, inorganic phosphates, or organophosphates not having anticholinesterase activity.
- Do not take pralidoxime as an antidote for poisoning due to pesticides of carbamate class, as it may increase the toxicity of carbaryl.
- You should seek treatment of organophosphate poisoning without waiting for the results of laboratory tests.
- Seek for immediate medical attention if you have abnormal heartbeat, difficulty or trouble with breathing, increased muscle weakness, or severe tiredness after receiving this medicine.
- Your breathing, blood pressure, oxygen levels, kidney function, and other vital signs will be watched closely while you are receiving pralidoxime.After treatment with pralidoxime, you may be watched for up to 72 hours to make sure that you no longer have any effects of the poison or drug overdose.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR NEOPAM
Q. How does pralidoxime work?
Pralidoxime works by reactivating the enzyme acetylcholinesterase, which has been inactivated by pesticides or certain drugs, and breaks down the excess acetylcholine resulting from poisoning. Thus, it helps in reversing muscle weakness or respiratory depression caused by poisoning or drug over dosing.