Medicine Overview of Aldopam Injection
Uses of Aldopam Injection
Aldopam 500mg Injection is used in the treatment of Organophosphate poisoing.
Side effects of Aldopam Injection
Nausea, Muscle weakness, Drowsiness, Headache, Dizziness, Double vision, Blurred vision, Increased blood pressure, Hyperventilation, Increased heart rate, Accomodation disturbance.
How to use Aldopam Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Aldopam Injection works
Aldopam 500mg injection reactivates the enzymes blocked by many pesticides (organophosphates). It is an antidote used in the poisoning of these pesticides.
In Depth Information on Aldopam Injection
Expert advice for Aldopam Injection
- Pralidoxime is not effective in the treatment of poisoning due to phosphorus, inorganic phosphates, or organophosphates not having anticholinesterase activity.
- Do not take pralidoxime as an antidote for poisoning due to pesticides of carbamate class, as it may increase the toxicity of carbaryl.
- You should seek treatment of organophosphate poisoning without waiting for the results of laboratory tests.
- Seek for immediate medical attention if you have abnormal heartbeat, difficulty or trouble with breathing, increased muscle weakness, or severe tiredness after receiving this medicine.
- Your breathing, blood pressure, oxygen levels, kidney function, and other vital signs will be watched closely while you are receiving pralidoxime.After treatment with pralidoxime, you may be watched for up to 72 hours to make sure that you no longer have any effects of the poison or drug overdose.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Aldopam 500mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Aldopam 500mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Aldopam 500mg Injection should be used with caution during l+more
actation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
It is not known whether Aldopam 500mg Injection alters the a+more
bility to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Aldopam 500mg Injection is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be advised in patients with renal impairment....
Caution should be advised in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Pralidoxime, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Aldopam 500mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Pralidoxime
Aldopam works by reactivating the enzyme acetylcholinesterase, which has been inactivated by pesticides or certain drugs, and breaks down the excess acetylcholine resulting from poisoning. Thus, it helps in reversing muscle weakness or respiratory depression caused by poisoning or drug over dosing.
Substitutes for Aldopam Injection
Neopam 500mg Injection
Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹4.76/ml of Injection
Pam 500mg Injection
₹8.33/ml of Injection
Toxipam 500mg Injection
Bharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd
₹9.5/ml of Injection
Cbc Pam 500mg Injection
Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹9.75/ml of Injection