food interaction for NEMOCID tablet
alcohol interaction for NEMOCID tablet
pregnancy interaction for NEMOCID tablet
lactation interaction for NEMOCID tablet
It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Nemocid 250mg tablet at a fixed time.
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Nemocid 250mg tablet is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR NEMOCID 250mg tablet
Nemocid tablet uses
Nemocid 250mg tablet is used in the treatment of parasitic worm infections
How nemocid tablet works
Pyrantel pamoate belongs to a class of drugs called anthelmintic. It works by causing paralysis of worms thereby expelling them out of the body.
Common side effects of nemocid tablet
Headache, Dizziness, Nausea, Hair loss, Vomiting, Abnormal liver function tests, Fever, Abdominal pain, Vertigo
COMMON DOSAGE FOR NEMOCID 250MG TABLET
Patients taking NEMOCID 250MG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR NEMOCID tablet
Expert advice FOR NEMOCID tablet
• Exercise caution if you have a history of liver disease.
• Take precautions if you suffer from severe malnutrition or anemia.
• Take extra care to prevent the spread of infections to other family members by following hygiene practices.
• Do not drive, operate machinery as pyrantel pamoate may cause dizziness.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be administered to patients who are allergic to pyrantel pamoate or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions FOR NEMOCID 250mg tablet
Q. Is pyrantel pamoate safe and effective?
Pyrantel pamoate is safe and effective at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is pyrantel pamoate the same as ivermectin?
Pyrantel pamoate and ivermectin are used to treat worms but they belong to different chemical classes. Pyrantel pamoate is effective against hookworms and roundworms whereas ivermectin treats river blindness
Q. Is pyrantel pamoate sulfa drug?
Pyrantel pamoate is not a sulfa drug.