Medicine Overview of Misty Gel
Uses of Misty Gel
Misty Gel is used in the treatment of Dry eye disease.
Side effects of Misty Gel
Allergic reaction, Blurred vision, Eye discharge, Eye irritation, Eye itching, Eye pain, Foreign body sensation in eyes, Increased production of tears, Eye redness, Visual impairment.
How to use Misty Gel
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to stay before spitting or rinsing.
How Misty Gel works
Misty gel is an artificial tear and moistens the surface of the eye (including artificial eyes) in the same way as natural tears.
In Depth Information on Misty Gel
Expert advice for Misty Gel
- Do consult your doctor immediately: If you develop eye pain, If you develop headache, If your vision changes, If redness or irritation in the eye persists or worsens.
- Eye drops of other medications should be administered 15 min before using carboxymethylcellulose eye drops.
- Remove your contact lenses before use of carboxymethylcellulose eye drops and wait for at least 15 min before you insert them again.
- Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops are intended to be used for the eyes only.
- Do not touch the eyelids or surrounding areas with the dropper tip of the eye drop bottle, to avoid contamination.
- Do not use the eye drop if it changes color or becomes cloudy, In case of single-use container, ensure that the container is intact and use immediately after opening you may experience brief blurring of vision immediately upon use of carboxymethylcellulose eye drops. Wait until vision has cleared before driving or operating machinery.
- Do consult your doctor before using carboxymethylcellulose if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Misty Gel
No interaction found
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Misty Gel should be used with caution during lactation. Bre+more
ast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Misty Gel may cause blurring of your vision for a short time+more
just after its use. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
Misty Gel is probably safe to use in patients with kidney di+more
sease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Misty Gel may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Carboxymethylcellulose, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Misty NA Gel
Frequently asked questions for Carboxymethylcellulose
Misty belongs to a class of medicines called eye lubricants or artificial tears. It is used in the treatment of dry eye symptoms such as soreness, burning, irritation and discomfort.
Yes. Misty is safe when used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Misty NA Gel
Patients taking Misty Gel
Four Times A Day
Twice A Day
Once A Day
Thrice A Day
Substitutes for Misty
No substitutes found for this medicine