Information about Carboxymethylcellulose
Carboxymethylcellulose is used in the treatment of dry eyes. It is used as a lubricant to relive irritation and discomfort due to dryness of the eyes or due to exposure of the eyes to wind or sun.
How Carboxymethylcellulose works
Carboxymethylcellulose is a lubricant. It works similar to natural tears and provides temporary relief from burning and discomfort due to dryness of the eye.
Common side effects of Carboxymethylcellulose
Eye redness, Burning eyes, Stinging in the eyes, Allergic reaction in eye
Available Medicine for Carboxymethylcellulose
OptiveAllergan India Pvt Ltd
VeldropAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹140 to ₹1652 variant(s)
ExtralubeMicro Labs Ltd
Lubistar-CMCMankind Pharma Ltd
₹127 to ₹1352 variant(s)
₹81 to ₹1724 variant(s)
Add TearsCipla Ltd
CCSOptho Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹121 to ₹1492 variant(s)
Eco TearsIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹95 to ₹1583 variant(s)
RelubCentaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹99 to ₹1282 variant(s)
Expert advice for Carboxymethylcellulose
- Your doctor has prescribed Carboxymethylcellulose to treat dry eye disease.
- It stabilizes the natural tear film and maintains necessary lubrication so your eyes don’t get dry and irritated.
- May require long-term use.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution of this medicine.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 minutes. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.