Information about Carboxymethylcellulose
Carboxymethylcellulose is used in the treatment of dry eyes. It is used as a lubricant to relive irritation and discomfort due to dryness of the eyes or due to exposure of the eyes to wind or sun.
How carboxymethylcellulose works
Carboxymethylcellulose is a lubricant. It works similar to natural tears and provides temporary relief from burning and discomfort due to dryness of the eye.
Common side effects of carboxymethylcellulose
Eye redness, Burning eyes, Stinging in the eyes, Allergic reaction in eye
Available Medicine for Carboxymethylcellulose
- ₹139Allergan India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹137 to ₹163Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹140Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹127 to ₹134Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- 4 variant(s)
- ₹78 to ₹173Sentiss Pharma4 variant(s)
- ₹119Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹121 to ₹146Optho Remedies Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹156Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹98 to ₹129Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Carboxymethylcellulose
- Your doctor has prescribed Carboxymethylcellulose to treat dry eye disease.
- It stabilizes the natural tear film and maintains necessary lubrication so your eyes don’t get dry and irritated.
- May require long-term use.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
Frequently asked questions for Carboxymethylcellulose
Q. What is Carboxymethylcellulose?
Carboxymethylcellulose belongs to a class of medicines called eye lubricants or artificial tears. It is used in the treatment of dry eye symptoms such as soreness, burning, irritation and discomfort.
Q. Is Carboxymethylcellulose safe?
Yes. Carboxymethylcellulose is safe when used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.