food interaction for MIGON PLUS
alcohol interaction for MIGON PLUS
pregnancy interaction for MIGON PLUS
lactation interaction for MIGON PLUS
Taking Propranolol with alcohol may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR MIGON PLUS
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR MIGON PLUS TABLET
Patients taking MIGON PLUS TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR MIGON PLUS
- MIGRABETA PLUS TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 8.95/tabletRs. 89.50pay 37% more per tablet
- MIGIPLEX 40MG/10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Arinna Lifescience Pvt LtdRs. 8.60/tabletRs. 86pay 32% more per tablet
- NIGRAIN FORTE TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 9.88/tabletRs. 98.75pay 51% more per tablet
- MNIL PLUS 40MG/10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Pharmtak Ophtalmics India Pvt LtdRs. 6.25/tabletRs. 62.50save 4% more per tablet
- MIGITUS 40MG/10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8/tabletRs. 80pay 23% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR MIGON PLUS
- Propranolol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Propranolol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Propranolol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Propranolol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
Frequently asked questions FOR MIGON PLUS
Q. What is betacap tr, inderal, and ciplar?
These are various brand (proprietary) names for propranolol medicine. Propranolol is a beta blocker drug which works to correct the heart rhythm
Q. Is propranolol safe?
Propranolol belongs to beta blocker class and works on heart rhythm so caution has to be observed before usage. Always ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking propranolol. Propranolol is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is propranolol addictive?
No. Propranolol doesn’t seem to have habit forming potential
Q. Is propranolol MAO inhibitor or a statin?
No. Propranolol belongs to a medical class called beta blockers and works to correct abnormal heart rhythm along with other uses
Q. Is propranolol safe for long term use?
Yes, it can be used for long term based on indication
Q. Is propranolol available over the counter?
No. Propranolol is available only when a valid prescription is produced
Q. Is propranolol used to treat anxiety?
Yes. Propranolol can be used to mitigate tremors associated with the anxiety
Q. Is propranolol used for migraines?
In certain situations, propranolol has proved to be effective in preventing migraine attacks but additional data is required to support this usage.
Q. What is flunarizine dihydrochloride/flunarizine hydrochloride/flunarizine 5 mg used for?
These are the names of drugs containing flunarizine and used for the treatment of preventing migraine attacks
Q. Does flunarizine cause weight gain?
Yes, it may cause weight gain. Always consult your doctor, if you experience this side effect
Q. Does flunarizine work?
Flunarizine works at prescribed dose and duration for the treatment of preventing migraine attacks as advised by your doctor
Q. How long does flunarizine take to work?
It depends on disease severity and lot of other factors.