Information about Propranolol + Flunarizine
Propranolol + Flunarizine Uses
Propranolol+Flunarizine is used for Prevention of migraine and Migraine.
How Propranolol + Flunarizine works
Propranolol + Flunarizine is a combination of two medicines: Propranolol and Flunarizine, which prevents migraine. Propranolol is a beta blocker and Flunarizine is a calcium channel blocker. They work by stabilizing the reactive nerve cells and increasing the threshold to migraine activation. They also inhibit cortical spreading depression (CSD- electric waves that move across the brain and cause pain and inflammation).
Common side effects of Propranolol + Flunarizine
Weight gain, Slow heart rate, Tiredness, Depression, Drowsiness, Abnormal dreams, Cold extremities
Available Medicine for Propranolol + Flunarizine
Betacap PlusSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹110 to ₹1472 variant(s)
Migrabeta PlusAlkem Laboratories Ltd
Provanol PlusIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹111 to ₹1562 variant(s)
Cardimol-PlusMankind Pharma Ltd
ZinepraLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹84 to ₹1212 variant(s)
Nigrain ForteTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MigitusEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹89 to ₹1402 variant(s)
MigiplexArinna Lifescience Pvt Ltd
₹98 to ₹1452 variant(s)
Migon PlusCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Mibeta-PlusTas Med India Pvt Ltd
₹63 to ₹822 variant(s)
Expert advice for Propranolol + Flunarizine
- You have been prescribed Propranolol + Flunarizine for prevention of migraine headaches.
- Do not take it to treat an acute attack of migraine.
- Some tips that may help avoid a migraine attack:
- Have your meals at the same time everyday
- Avoid bright lights and extreme temperatures
- Avoid loud music and noisy places
- Avoid chocolates, cheese, processed food, alcohol and smoking
- Get sufficient sleep and avoid stress
- It should be taken at night-time before going to bed.
- It may cause sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Propranolol + Flunarizine affects you.
- keep taking it regularly every day, even if you don't have any symptoms.