food interaction for MEGATRUM P
alcohol interaction for MEGATRUM P
pregnancy interaction for MEGATRUM P
lactation interaction for MEGATRUM P
medicine interaction for MEGATRUM P
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR MEGATRUM P
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR MEGATRUM P
- BETADINE 5% OINTMENT(125 GM ointment in tube)Win-Medicare Pvt LtdRs. 1.59/GM of ointmentRs. 199save 14% more per GM of ointment
- BETADINE 5% OINTMENT(250 GM ointment in tube)Win-Medicare Pvt LtdRs. 1.38/GM of ointmentRs. 345save 25% more per GM of ointment
- CIPLADINE 5% OINTMENT(20 GM ointment in tube)Cipla LtdRs. 1.85/GM of ointmentRs. 36.91same price
- OVIDINE 5% OINTMENT(15 GM ointment in tube)Ind Swift Laboratories LtdRs. 0.87/GM of ointmentRs. 13.12save 53% more per GM of ointment
- CIPLADINE 5% OINTMENT(10 GM ointment in tube)Cipla LtdRs. 1.85/GM of ointmentRs. 18.46same price
Expert advice FOR MEGATRUM P
- Apply a small amount of povidone iodine solution to the affected area after cleaning it properly.
- The affected area can be left uncovered or covered with a sterile bandage.
- If you experience a skin rash, hives, or itching, or any other unusual reaction after using this product, discontinue use and contact your doctor as soon as possible.
- Povidone iodine cutaneous spray powder is meant for external application and should not be instilled in eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Do not use the povidone iodine solution on large parts of the body for more than a week unless advised by your doctor.
- Seek doctor’s advice before use if injuries are deep or puncture wounds or serious burns.
Frequently asked questions FOR MEGATRUM P
Q. Is povidone iodine the same as betadine?
Yes. Betadine is the brand (proprietary) name of povidone iodine
Q. Is povidone iodine the same as iodine or iodine tincture?
No. Povidone iodine is the stable chemical complex of povidone (polyvinylpyrrolidone i.e. PVP) and elemental iodine. Iodine tincture has iodine and potassium iodide dissolved in ethanol and water. Both the formulations show antiseptic action
Q. Does povidone iodine kill yeast, bacteria or fungus?
Yes. Povidone iodine being disinfectant and antiseptic inhibits the growth and development of microorganisms
Q. Does povidone iodine burn, stain, sting or hurt?
Topical application of povidone iodine may cause slight irritation. Temporary staining of affected area is also possible. However, it is not a matter of concern and gets resolved quickly
Q. Is povidone iodine safe?
Povidone iodine is safe when used at prescribed dose and duration as directed by doctor
Q. Does povidone iodine contain alcohol?
No. Povidone iodine is stable chemical complex of povidone (polyvinylpyrrolidone i.e. PVP) and elemental iodine
Q. Does povidone iodine stain teeth?
Povidone iodine should be used externally. It should not be used on teeth.