Medicine Overview of Liquid Parafin Solution
Uses of Liquid Parafin Solution
Liquid Parafin is used in the treatment of constipation.
Side effects of Liquid Parafin Solution
Abdominal pain, Anal irritation.
How to use Liquid Parafin Solution
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use.
How Liquid Parafin Solution works
Liquid paraffin belongs to a class of drugs called laxatives. It works by softening the hard stools and thus relieves constipation. It also acts as an emollient (agent that softens or soothes the skin) that moisturizes dry skin, thereby relieving dryness and itching.
In Depth Information on Liquid Parafin Solution
Expert advice for Liquid Parafin Solution
- Together with Liquid parafin, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- Avoid taking a Liquid parafin for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Take Liquid parafin after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
- A Liquid parafin should be preferably taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Liquid parafin may be taken with milk or fruit juice to improve the flavor.
Special precautions for Liquid Parafin
No interaction found
Liquid Parafin is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Liquid Parafin dur+more
ing lactation. Please consult your doctor....
Liquid Parafin does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Liquid Parafin is probably safe to use in patients with kidn+more
ey disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Liquid Parafin may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Liquid Parafin is probably safe to use in patients with live+more
r disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Liquid Parafin may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of liquid paraffin, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Liquid Parafin NA Solution
User Submitted Feedback For Liquid Parafin NA Solution
Patients taking Liquid Parafin
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day
Four Times A Day
Substitutes for Liquid Parafin
No substitutes found for this medicine