food interaction for LIPICURE AS
alcohol interaction for LIPICURE AS
pregnancy interaction for LIPICURE AS
lactation interaction for LIPICURE AS
Taking Aspirin with alcohol increases the associated risk of stomach bleeding.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the fetus and should not be given under any circumstances. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LIPICURE ASAtorvastatin(10 mg)
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Patients taking this medicines
- 89%One Time A Day
- 11%Two Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for LIPICURE AS
- ECOSPRIN AV 75/10 CAPSULE(15 capsules in strip)USV LtdRs. 2.51/capsuleRs. 37.70pay 20% more per capsule
- ATORVA ASP -75 CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 2.52/capsuleRs. 25.20pay 20% more per capsule
- TONACT-ASP 75 CAPSULE(15 capsules in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 1.80/capsuleRs. 27save 14% more per capsule
- LIPONORM ASP CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Blue Cross Laboratories LtdRs. 2.10/capsuleRs. 21same price
- ASPIVAS 10 MG/75 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 1.86/capsuleRs. 18.63save 11% more per capsule
Top General Physicians
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for LIPICURE AS
- Consult your doctor if you feel sudden muscle pain, weakness or fever
- Consult your doctor if you notice dark colored urine or yellowing of eyes or skin
- Avoid intake of excess fat containing food, it may reduce the effectiveness of atorvastatin.
- Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice, it may interact and lead to potentially dangerous effect.
- Talk to your doctor if you have had a previous stroke with bleeding into the brain
- Consult your doctor if you have kidney problems, under-active thyroid gland (hypothyroidism), a personal or family history of muscle problems
Frequently asked questions for LIPICURE AS
Q. What is tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20?
Atorvastatin (also available as tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20) belong to group of medications called statins (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors. It acts by blocking the enzyme HMG CoA reductase and formation of cholesterol, thus, lowering the blood lipid levels.
Q. Is atorvastatin same as simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (or statins) with similar action but their effect may vary upon individual response.
Q. Is atorvastatin diuretic/ beta blocker/ ace inhibitor?
No. Atorvastatin belongs to class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor or statins.
Q. It atorvastatin gluten free?
Yes. It is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.
Q. Is it a blood thinner?
No. it is a lipid lowering drug.
Q. Is atorvastatin better than simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same category of medications with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always consult your doctor regarding its use.