Medicine Overview of Lcort Cream
Uses of Lcort Cream
Lcort Cream is used in the treatment of atopic dermatitis.
Side effects of Lcort Cream
Skin thinning, Contact dermatitis.
How to use Lcort Cream
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Lcort Cream works
Lcort cream is a topical corticosteroid (anti-inflammatory medicine). It works by reducing redness, itching, and swelling caused by various skin conditions.
In Depth Information on Lcort Cream
Expert advice for Lcort Cream
- Avoid direct contact of the ointment with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Inform your doctor if you have glaucoma, increased pressure in the eye or cataract.
- Avoid applying ointment to large area of the skin, broken skin or under certain dressing especially in children.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and wear protective clothing while using triamcinolone ointment, as it may increase sensitivity to sunlight.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to triamcinolone, other corticosteroids, chlortetracycline, other tetracyclines or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you are suffering from tuberculosis, fungal, or viral lesions of the skin (herpes simplex, vaccinia and varicella), and primary bacterial infections, e.g. impetigo (a contagious bacterial skin infection forming pustules and yellow crusty sores) pyoderma (any skin disease with pus), furunculosis (infection of hair follicles), in acne vulgaris rosacea, perioral dermatitis (a condition characterized by is a facial rash on the face causing bumps to develop round the mouth) and widespread plaque psoriasis (A condition in which skin cells build up and form scales and itchy, dry patches).
Special precautions for Lcort Cream
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Lcort Cream may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Lcort Cream is probably safe to use during lactation. Limit+more
ed human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Lcort Cream does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Lcort C+more
ream in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
Lcort Cream should be used with caution in patients with liv+more
er disease. Dose adjustment of Lcort Cream may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Lcort NA Cream
Frequently asked questions for Triamcinolone Topical
Q. Is Lcort an antibiotic/sulfa/steroid drug?
Lcort is not an antibiotic/sulfa drug. It belongs to class of medications called as corticosteroids
Q. Is Lcort the same as Daktarin/Kemakort/Lanacort?
Kemakort, Kemakort, Retard are the names of Lcort available in the market. Daktarin is the brand name of miconazole, while Lanacort is the brand name of the drug Hydrocortisone acetate
Q. Is Lcort safe for babies?
No. Lcort is not safe for babies and in children below 6 years of age
Q. Does Lcort cure ringworm infection/acne/impetigo/tinea versicolor or thrush?
Lcort is not effective in the treatment of ringworm, acne, impetigo, tinea versicolor or thrush. However, it helps in reducing the inflammation caused by these conditions.
Substitutes for Lcort
No substitutes found for this medicine