Expert advice for KOXMA FORTE
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, blood vessel, liver, kidney, bladder or prostate disorder.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience difficulty in breathing, swollen lips or skin, severe rashes and itching, hallucinations, restlessness or sleep disturbances.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken medication for any mental illness, high blood pressure or glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye that causes visual problems).
- Do not take if allergic to pseudoephedrine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if medication is going for any mental disorder, nasal sprays for decongestion, high blood pressure.
- Do not take if suffering with kidney, heart, liver, blood vessel disorder or diabetes, hyperthyroidism, phaeochromocytoma (a rare tumor of the adrenal glands) or glaucoma.
- Do not take if below below 12 years.
- Do not take if Pregnant and breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for KOXMA FORTE
Q. Can I take pseudoephedrine for allergies?
Pseudoephedrine does give symptomatic relief from seasonal allergic conditions such as runny nose and nasal decongestion.
Q. Can I take pseudoephedrine with ibuprofen?
Yes. Ibuprofen may relieve fever experienced during cold.
Q. Does chlorpheniramine or chlorpheniramine maleate cause increase in blood pressure/ drowsy/non drowsy/sedating/get you high/keep you awake/sleepiness/make you tired/weight gain?
Chlorpheniramine causing these side effects is common or rare. Always consult your doctor, if you experience any of these side effects.
Q. Is chlorpheniramine like Benadryl?
No, chlorpheniramine is different from Benadryl.
Q. Is chlorpheniramine prescription?
Yes, it is available with doctor’s prescription only.
Q.Can I take chlorpheniramine or chlorpheniramine maleate with Panadol/ cetirizine /Zyrtec/ Allegra/ warfarin/ diphenhydramine/ ibuprofen/Claritin/guaifenesin/Benadryl?
Yes, but taking other medicines may alter the effects of chlorpheniramine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
Q. Does chlorpheniramine contain aspirin?
No, it does not contain aspirin in it. Chlorpheniramine is a different drug than aspirin.
Q. Is dextromethorphan a steroid/an opiate/an antihistamine/ a narcotic/an NSAID/a controlled substance/contain alcohol/have codeine?
Dextromethorphan is a decongestant and not a steroid, antihistamine, opiate, NSAID or narcotic, but can have addictive effects if taken at large doses than recommended. It does not contain codeine or alcohol. It is not a controlled substance.
Q. Does dextromethorphan work/ how much dextromethorphan can i take for cough?
Dextromethorphan works for most of the patient. It should be taken in amounts exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Cough medicine is usually taken only for a short time until your symptoms clear up. Do not use the medication in larger amounts, or use it for longer than recommended.
Q. Is dextromethorphan safe/ does dextromethorphan makes you sleepy/make you tired/ raise blood sugar?
Dextromethorphan causes mild sedation effect thus can make you feel sleepy. It does not raise blood sugar or make you tired. Dextromethorphan is generally safe if taken at recommended doses and duration.
Q. Can i take dextromethorphan with high blood pressure/ safe for high blood pressure/ raise blood pressure/ thin blood?
Though it isn’t reported, but it should be used carefully in people with high blood pressure, as dextromethorphan may cause high blood pressure and the effectiveness of dextromethorphan is decreased by high blood pressure medications.
Q. Can I take dextromethorphan with benzonatate/acetaminophen/codeine/ibuprofen/ diphenhydramine/pseudoephedrine/guaifenesin/Tamiflu/Benadryl?
Drug interaction with any of the above mentioned drugs is not documented, but it can occur. Always follow your doctor’s advice before taking any medicine with dextromethorphan.