Medicine Overview of Koolistin Injection
Koolistin 3 Million IU Injection is used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections.
Side Effect of Koolistin is Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness).
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Koolistin 3 Million IU Injection is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by destroying the bacterial cell membrane.
In Depth Information on Koolistin Injection
- Consult your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions: kidney disease, myasthenia gravis (neuromuscular disease characterized by very weak muscles and unusual tiredness), porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs) or asthma (difficulty in breathing).
- Caution should be taken in premature and new-born babies as the kidneys are not fully developed or in children younger than 10 years of age who have diarrhea or an infection of the stomach or bowel.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with colistimethate.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking colistimethate as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Koolistin Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Koolistin 3 Million IU Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Koolistin 3 Million IU Injection is probably safe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Koolistin 3 Million IU Injection may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or affect your vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear.
Koolistin 3 Million IU Injection is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Koolistin 3 Million IU Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Koolistin 3 Million IU Injection is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Koolistin 3 Million IU Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Koolistin 3Million IU Injection: AVL, ALC, OIP, GEO, IMC, ZVP, ASP, QLF, GMA, DYG, GPT, GDA, SVS, BAL, BAP, OWP, DHP, PNT, VHP, ATP, AVS, TRP, RSA, RDH, SVH, SBA, BNT, HPC, BRC, NXG, HMP, SGC, NNH, BLE, MSD, AVB, NVL, MAK, NNP, DFP, ESY, MKS, GHR, PMA, BGS, SSS, USF, MPC, PRC, HLT, WSI, RHW, BMJ, CMC, 4IT, RDR, EPS, EAN, LCC, BDN, PWN, MKT, HTS, SSI, TSS, LHP, PRL, GLM, AYU, RKS, JIV, WPL, SAF, AAY, OLT, IAD, SGH, HCP, BHM, PRT, UMP, DYL, NSL, BNA, GBL, PVP, SDM, GTK, AMH, SNG, PPR, JVO, MAM, SLN, QTM, GNC, SDE, JVN, AGT, HNP, GTC, JHC, RWP, BSN, SSA, HWI, VTR, KNH, AMR, THP, WHL, ARD, HPP, LHA, JJE, RSS, YMI, DGN, BBN, BBS, BLS, NVY, AXM, SMS, SWT, APS, AYN, CRN, MAX, OHM, CPK, AFT, DRA, PTP, STS, WAD, MDH, HZF, VSC, 9MM, VSL, SJP, KHH, OBS, NAS, SNH, RHL, SMN, LMS, HEX, BLP, EEC, AAR, MDO, ANT, JBT, SWA, NTL, DPL, RPI, HBV, BHS, MAP, DZY, SCP, BHA, VDH, MMS, MLC, ANP, XMX, VNS, HIP, GLD, BDI, HAT, FGH, AYM, KMC, VRS, SWP, ZPR, SRG, DHR, BIO, STA, CHP, PTI, PRN, BHP, ADT, RUS, DLP, BJP, AWS, VJS, PHC, DVH, MBP, BTM, NTB, FRM, 1MH, DPP, HSP, SPD, RPP, DAO, JSL, RGH, EMB, HGI, SBL, UHP, ABP, KHC, PHN, TAT, CLT, SHD, ZEL, NDP, KHD, ENP, VOP, SHC, SYN, SCH, PLT, EQN, TOM, UVD, ATL, KIS, INC, NEO, GPP, KLC, HSM, IPL