Medicine Overview of Itoguard Tablet
Side effects of Itoguard Tablet
Nausea, Headache, Diarrhoea.
How to use Itoguard Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Itoguard 50mg Tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Itoguard Tablet works
Itoguard 50mg tablet indirectly stimulates the release of acetylcholine, a chemical messenger that can increase the motility of the intestine.
In Depth Information on Itoguard Tablet
Expert advice for Itoguard Tablet
- Itopride should be used with careful monitoring in elderly patients.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while taking this medication as it may cause dizziness.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you observe any sudden allergic reactions such as breathlessness (dyspnea), urticaria (red, raised, itchy skin rash), low blood pressure (hypotension), sweating (diaphoresis) and pallor (pale color of skin).
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Avoid if allergic to itopride or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering from severe gastrointestinal disorders such as bleeding, obstruction or perforation of intestine.
- Avoid if patient is Breastfeeding women.
Special precautions for Itoguard 50mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Itoguard 50mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactati+more
on. Animal or human data is not available....
It is not known whether Itoguard 50mg Tablet alters the abil+more
ity to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Itoguar+more
d 50mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Itopride, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Itoguard 50mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Itopride
Itoguard belongs to a group of drugs called prokinetic agents which normalize or increase bowel movement (motility). They increase gastric emptying with increased rate of passage of digested food through the small intestine. In addition, Itoguard suppresses vomiting.
Itoguard is used to treat symptoms due to slow emptying of the stomach like a feeling of stomach fullness (not feeling hungry), heartburn, nausea and vomiting due to problems of the gut.
Substitutes for Itoguard Tablet
Itorax 50mg Tablet
Tas Med India Pvt Ltd
Ganaton 50mg Tablet
Abbott India Ltd
RE Tride 50mg Tablet
Unichem Laboratories Ltd
Itoflux 50mg Tablet
Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Discom 50mg Tablet
Hetero Drugs Ltd