Information about Itopride
How itopride works
Itopride indirectly stimulates the release of acetylcholine, a chemical messenger that can increase the motility of the intestine.
Common side effects of itopride
Decreased white blood cell count, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Dry mouth, Restlessness, Drowsiness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Anxiety, Agitation, Parkinsonism, Akathisia
Available Medicine for Itopride
- ₹104Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹285Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹66 to ₹88J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹38Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹55Tas Med India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Mission Research Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹48Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹38Unichem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹41Hetero Drugs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹48Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Itopride
- Itopride should be used with careful monitoring in elderly patients.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while taking this medication as it may cause dizziness.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you observe any sudden allergic reactions such as breathlessness (dyspnea), urticaria (red, raised, itchy skin rash), low blood pressure (hypotension), sweating (diaphoresis) and pallor (pale color of skin).
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Avoid if allergic to itopride or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering from severe gastrointestinal disorders such as bleeding, obstruction or perforation of intestine.
- Avoid if patient is Breastfeeding women.
Frequently asked questions for Itopride
Q. What is Itopride?
Itopride belongs to a group of drugs called prokinetic agents which normalize or increase bowel movement (motility). They increase gastric emptying with increased rate of passage of digested food through the small intestine. In addition, Itopride suppresses vomiting.
Q. What is Itopride used for?
Itopride is used to treat symptoms due to slow emptying of the stomach like a feeling of stomach fullness (not feeling hungry), heartburn, nausea and vomiting due to problems of the gut.