- ₹95Abbott India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹259Abbott India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹66 to ₹88J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹57Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹38Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹55Tas Med India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Mission Research Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹71Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹48Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹93Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- Itopride should be used with careful monitoring in elderly patients.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while taking this medication as it may cause dizziness.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you observe any sudden allergic reactions such as breathlessness (dyspnea), urticaria (red, raised, itchy skin rash), low blood pressure (hypotension), sweating (diaphoresis) and pallor (pale color of skin).
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Avoid if allergic to itopride or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering from severe gastrointestinal disorders such as bleeding, obstruction or perforation of intestine.
- Avoid if patient is Breastfeeding women.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What is itopride?
Itopride belongs to a group of drugs called prokinetic agents which normalize or increase bowel movement (motility). They increase gastric emptying with increased rate of passage of digested food through the small intestine. In addition, itopride suppresses vomiting.
Q. What is itopride used for?
Itopride is used to treat symptoms due to slow emptying of the stomach like a feeling of stomach fullness (not feeling hungry), heartburn, nausea and vomiting due to problems of the gut.
Q. Is itopride safe in pregnancy?
Safety of itopride in pregnancy is not verified. It can be used in pregnant women only if benefits are more than the risks. Ask your doctor before taking any medicine in pregnancy.