Medicine Overview of Ifiral Nasal Spray
Side effects of Ifiral Nasal Spray
Vomiting, Nausea, Blurred vision, Chest tightness, Headache, Skin rash, Stinging in the eyes, Throat irritation.
How to use Ifiral Nasal Spray
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Blow your nose gently. Insert the bottle tip into one nostril and close the other nostril. Keep the head upright. Breath in while pressing the bottle. Repeat in other nostril.
How Ifiral Nasal Spray works
The Ifiral 2% w/v nasal spray works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that may cause inflammation, spasm of muscles of the airways and other symptoms of asthma and allergies.
In Depth Information on Ifiral Nasal Spray
Expert advice for Ifiral Nasal Spray
- Avoid sudden discontinuation of sodium cromoglycate therapy as it may result in reoccurrence of symptoms.
- You should not use inhalations of sodium cromoglycate for acute attack of bronchospasm (sudden severe attacks of air passage constriction).
- Discontinue inhalation treatment if you develop eosinophilic pneumonia (a condition in which blood cells called eosinophils accumulate in the lungs).
- Do not touch the tip of eye drop bottle to your fingers, eyes or surrounding areas to avoid contamination. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- Tell your doctor if you have kidney or liver functioning problems before taking oral sodium cromoglycate.
- Oral sodium cromoglycate should be used with caution in children under 2 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Ifiral 2% w/v Nasal Spray
No interaction found
Ifiral 2% w/v Nasal Spray is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Ifiral 2% w/v Nasa+more
l Spray during lactation. Please consult your doctor....
Ifiral 2% w/v Nasal Spray may cause blurring of your vision for a short time just after its use. Do not drive until your vision is clear.+more
There is limited information available on the use of Ifiral+more
2% w/v Nasal Spray in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Ifiral 2% w/v Nasal Spray
Frequently asked questions for Sodium Cromoglycate
Q. Is sodium cromoglycate an antihistamine?
No. Sodium cromoglycate has no known effect on chemical substances called histamine or its receptors in the body
It does not have structure or mechanism of action similar to steroids
It works by inhibiting the release of allergy causing chemicals from specialized cells called ‘mast cells' (present in eyes, nose, air passages, along the digestive tract etc.) and thus interferes with the development and progression of allergic reactions
No. Ifiral does not cause drowsiness.
Substitutes for Ifiral Nasal Spray
Fintal 2% w/v Nasal Spray
Novartis India Ltd
₹8.95/ml of Nasal Spray