Information about Sodium Cromoglycate
Sodium cromoglycate uses
How sodium cromoglycate works
The Sodium cromoglycate works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that may cause inflammation, spasm of muscles of the airways and other symptoms of asthma and allergies.
Common side effects of sodium cromoglycate
Vomiting, Nausea, Blurred vision, Chest tightness, Headache, Skin rash, Stinging in the eyes, Throat irritation.
Available Medicine for Sodium Cromoglycate
- ₹46 to ₹70Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹57Pharmtak Ophtalmics India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹63Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹40Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹47J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹35FDC Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹179Novartis India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Kaizen Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Nri Vision Care Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹42Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sodium Cromoglycate
- Avoid sudden discontinuation of sodium cromoglycate therapy as it may result in reoccurrence of symptoms.
- You should not use inhalations of sodium cromoglycate for acute attack of bronchospasm (sudden severe attacks of air passage constriction).
- Discontinue inhalation treatment if you develop eosinophilic pneumonia (a condition in which blood cells called eosinophils accumulate in the lungs).
- Do not touch the tip of eye drop bottle to your fingers, eyes or surrounding areas to avoid contamination. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- Tell your doctor if you have kidney or liver functioning problems before taking oral sodium cromoglycate.
- Oral sodium cromoglycate should be used with caution in children under 2 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Sodium Cromoglycate
Q. Is sodium cromoglycate an antihistamine?
No. Sodium cromoglycate has no known effect on chemical substances called histamine or its receptors in the body
Q. Is sodium cromoglycate a steroid?
It does not have structure or mechanism of action similar to steroids
Q. How does sodium cromoglycate work?
It works by inhibiting the release of allergy causing chemicals from specialized cells called ‘mast cells' (present in eyes, nose, air passages, along the digestive tract etc.) and thus interferes with the development and progression of allergic reactions
Q. Does sodium cromoglycate cause drowsiness?
No. Sodium cromoglycate does not cause drowsiness.