Information about Sodium Cromoglycate
Sodium cromoglycate uses
How sodium cromoglycate works
Sodium Cromoglycate is a mast cell stabilizer. It works on certain cells in the body (mast cells) to prevent them from releasing substances that cause allergic symptoms.
Common side effects of sodium cromoglycate
Nasal irritation, Burning sensation, Stinging sensation, Sneezing
Available Medicine for Sodium Cromoglycate
- ₹46 to ₹84Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹60Pharmtak Ophtalmics India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹60Raymed Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Nri Vision Care Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹55Kaizen Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹47J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹38 to ₹41Sunways India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹179Novartis India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹120AstraZeneca1 variant(s)
- ₹32Appasamy Ocular Device Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sodium Cromoglycate
- Your doctor has prescribed Sodium Cromoglycate to treat inflammation (redness and swelling) due to allergies of the eye.
- It treats long-term allergies such as perinneal (throughout the year) or seasonal eye allergies.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
Frequently asked questions for Sodium Cromoglycate
Q. Is sodium cromoglycate an antihistamine?
No. Sodium cromoglycate has no known effect on chemical substances called histamine or its receptors in the body
Q. Is Sodium Cromoglycate a steroid?
It does not have structure or mechanism of action similar to steroids
Q. How does Sodium Cromoglycate work?
It works by inhibiting the release of allergy causing chemicals from specialized cells called ‘mast cells' (present in eyes, nose, air passages, along the digestive tract etc.) and thus interferes with the development and progression of allergic reactions
Q. Does Sodium Cromoglycate cause drowsiness?
No. Sodium Cromoglycate does not cause drowsiness.