food interaction for HEPOX tablet
alcohol interaction for HEPOX tablet
pregnancy interaction for HEPOX tablet
lactation interaction for HEPOX tablet
medicine interaction for HEPOX tablet
It is better to take Hepox 140mg tablet with food.
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Hepox 140mg tablet is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR HEPOX 140mg tablet
Hepox tablet uses
Hepox 140mg tablet is used in the treatment of cholestatic liver diseases, alcoholic fatty liver disease and non-alcoholic fatty liver.
How hepox tablet works
Silymarin is an active principle obtained from milk thistle seed (Silybum marianum) . It might protect liver cells from toxic chemicals and drugs. It also seems to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. Milk thistle plant extract might enhance the effects of estrogen.
Common side effects of hepox tablet
Nausea, Abdominal bloating, Diarrhoea, Indigestion, Loss of appetite, Stomach pain, Stomach upset, Back pain, Hair loss, Dizziness, Abdominal pain, Itching, Rash
SUBSTITUTES FOR HEPOX tablet
- MARILIV TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcee Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 11.50/tabletRs. 114.95pay 101% more per tablet
- SYLOLIV 140MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mapra Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 8.26/tabletRs. 82.62pay 44% more per tablet
- REJULIV 140MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Shrinivas Gujarat Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 9.50/tabletRs. 95pay 66% more per tablet
- LIVTEC 140MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ampus Life Sciences LtdRs. 8.50/tabletRs. 84.97pay 49% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR HEPOX tablet
- Do not take antacids that contain aluminum while you are taking the Silymarin. This is because antacids decrease the amount of Silymarin absorbed by the body.
- Notify your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
- Silymarin should be taken preferably after meals.
Frequently asked questions FOR HEPOX 140mg tablet
Q. Is silymarin/milk thistle safe?
Silymarin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is silymarin same as milk thistle?
Yes, silymarin is a compound obtained from milk thistle seed
Q. Is silymarin good for liver?
Silymarin acts as liver protectant and has been found to be effective for certain liver disease. Always follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Is silymarin good for kidney?
It is good for kidney as found in some studie
Q. Is silymarin a flavonoidYes ,it contains a mixture of flavonolignans consisting of silibinin, isosilibinin, silicristin and silidianin.Is silymarin a blood thinner?
No, it acts as liver protectant
Q. Does silymarin protect liver?
Yes, silymarin acts as liver protectant
Q. Does silymarin cause low cholesterol level, diarrhea, lower bilirubin?
Diahhrea is the common side effect of silymarin. No clinically observable effect on cholesterol and bilirubin has been reported. Patient should follow doctor's advice regarding possible side effects
Q. Does silymarin have estrogen?
No, however it may acts like estrogen.