food interaction for HEPEXA M
alcohol interaction for HEPEXA M
pregnancy interaction for HEPEXA M
lactation interaction for HEPEXA M
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR HEPEXA M
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR HEPEXA M
- HAPEXA M 500MG/150MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Eris Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 15.40/tabletRs. 154save 9% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR HEPEXA M
- Metformin is generally prescribed in newly-diagnosed type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. Planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Metformin does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
- Metformin should be stopped for at least 2 days after a surgery or a radiological test done using dyes.
- It is best to take Metformin after meals to minimize nausea, indigestion or diarrhea. Unlike some other diabetes medicines, Metformin doesn't cause any weight gain or lower blood sugar levels.
- This is the only oral diabetes medicine that lowers complications and deaths in conditions related to diabetes. Low blood sugar is life-threatening. Low blood sugar may develop due to:
Delay or missing a scheduled meals or snacks.
Exercising more than usual.
Drinking a significant amount of alcohol.
Using too much insulin.
Sickness ( vomiting or diarrhea).
- Symptoms of low blood sugar (alarming signs) are fast heartbeat, sweating, cool pale skin, feeling shaky, confusion or irritability, headache, nausea, and nightmares. Make sure that you have access to quick-acting sugar sources that treat low blood sugar. Consuming some form of quick-acting sugars immediately after the appearance of the symptoms will prevent the low blood sugar levels from worsening.
- Consuming alcohol may increase the chance of severe low blood sugar.
Frequently asked questions FOR HEPEXA M
Q. Is Metformin a birth control pill/ insulin / statin/ banned drug?
Metformin (also available as glyciphage, glycomet, glycomet SR) is an antidiabetic drug used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients, as an adjunct to the diet and exercise
Q. Is metformin safe?
Metformin is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take metformin forever?
Metformin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is metformin good for weight loss / weight loss in non-diabetics?
Metformin is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients.
Q. Is ursodeoxycholic acid a steroid/ antibiotic?
No, Ursodeoxycholic acid is a bile acid, a substance naturally produced by the body that is stored in the gallbladder
Q. Is ursodeoxycholic acid safe?
Ursodeoxycholic acid is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What is ursodeoxycholic acid/Udihep forte/Udiliv300/Udiliv150?
Ursodeoxycholic acid is a bile acid, a substance naturally produced by the body that is stored in the gallbladder
Q. How does it work?
It works by decreasing the production of cholesterol and by dissolving the cholesterol in bile so that it cannot form stones
Q. Does ursodeoxycholic acid/Udihep forte/Udiliv 300/Udiliv 150 cause weight gain/loss?
No, it has no effect on weight
Q. How does ursodeoxycholic acid works for primary biliary cirrhosis/obstructive cholestasis?
Ursodeoxycholic acid works by decreasing the production of cholesterol and by dissolving the cholesterol in bile so that it cannot form stones.