Medicine Overview of Gestoford Capsule
Side effects of Gestoford Capsule
Headache, Absence of menstrual periods.
How to use Gestoford Capsule
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Gestoford Capsule at a fixed time.
How Gestoford Capsule works
Gestoford capsule is a progesterone (female hormone). It works by regulating the menstrual cycle and protects the uterus from the negative effects of estrogen when used for postmenopausal treatment.
In Depth Information on Gestoford Capsule
Expert advice for Gestoford Capsule
- Progesterone should be taken on an empty stomach or at least one hour before food or two hours after food.
- Do not take progesterone and consult your doctor if you have ever had any unexpected and unexplained bleeding from your vagina which was not due to your normal monthly period.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning a family before taking progesterone.
- Do not take progesterone without informing your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
- Do not drive a motor vehicle or operate a machine immediately after taking progesterone. You may experience a temporary (1 to 3 hours) feeling of sleepiness and dizziness after taking progesterone.
- Oral progesterone should preferably be taken at bedtime.
- Consult your doctor about any severe stomach pain or yellowing of your eyes or skin.
- Immediately consult your if you have sudden vision changes or one-sided weakness (signs of stroke) or chest pain and trouble breathing (signs of a pulmonary embolism).
Special precautions for Gestoford Capsule
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Gestoford Capsule is safe to use during lactation. Human st+more
udies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Gestoford Capsule may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or+more
decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
There is limited information available on the use of Gestofo+more
rd Capsule in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Gestoford NA Capsule
Frequently asked questions for Natural Micronised Progesterone
Q. What is natural micronised progesterone?
These are natural progesterone preparations which have improved bioavailability and fewer side effects compared with synthetic progesterone.
User Submitted Feedback For Gestoford NA Capsule
Patients taking Gestoford Capsule
Twice A Day
Substitutes for Gestoford
No substitutes found for this medicine