food interaction for GEFIMIPSA
alcohol interaction for GEFIMIPSA
pregnancy interaction for GEFIMIPSA
lactation interaction for GEFIMIPSA
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GEFIMIPSA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for GEFIMIPSANo substitutes found
Expert advice for GEFIMIPSA
- Do not take antacids (to reduce the acid level of your stomach) 2 hours before or 1 hour after taking gefitinib.
- Take the tablet at about the same time each day.
- Do not give gefitinib to children.
- Do not take gefitinib, if you are allergic to gefitinib or similar medicines or to any of the other ingredients.
- Avoid using gefitinib, if you are pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Avoid becoming pregnant during treatment with gefitinib because it could harm your baby.
- If you are taking a medicine containing warfarin as an active substance, your doctor may need to do blood tests more often.
- You may feel weak while taking this medicine, be careful while driving or using tools or machines.
Frequently asked questions for GEFIMIPSA
Q.Is gefitinib a chemotherapy/monoclonal antibody/what is gefitinib used for/ what is gefitinib tablets/ what is gefitinib 250/Does gefitinib cure lung cancer?
Gefitinib (250 mg) is used to treat adults with non-small cell lung cancer. It is used as an adjunct to other chemotherapies. It is not a monoclonal antibody
Q.Is gefitinib effective/does gefitinib work?
Gefitinib is effective and works for most patients if taken at recommended dosage and duration
Q.How is gefitinib administered?
Gefitinib is taken orally.