food interaction for FULITE CREAM
alcohol interaction for FULITE CREAM
pregnancy interaction for FULITE CREAM
lactation interaction for FULITE CREAM
Adequate and well-controlled human studies have shown low or no risk.
SALT INFORMATION for FULITE CREAM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FULITE CREAM
- FUSIWAL 2% CREAM(5 GM cream in tube)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 8.88/GM of creamRs. 44.42pay 27% more per GM of cream
- FUTOP 2% CREAM(10 GM cream in tube)Adcock Ingram Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 8.04/GM of creamRs. 80.37pay 15% more per GM of cream
- FUSEE 2% CREAM(10 GM cream in tube)Talent HealthcareRs. 8.40/GM of creamRs. 84pay 20% more per GM of cream
- FUSON 2% CREAM(5 GM cream in tube)AGIO Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.60/GM of creamRs. 43pay 23% more per GM of cream
- FUSIVIC 2% CREAM(10 GM cream in tube)Elder Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.50/GM of creamRs. 55save 21% more per GM of cream
- Dr. Anuj PallMBBS, MD, PhD, Certification
- Dr. Chiranjiv ChhabraMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Avnish SharmaMBBS, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Ramanjit SinghMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Nirupama ParwandaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for FULITE CREAM
- This medicine is only for external use.
- Always wash your hands before using this cream. Rub the medicine gently on the skin. If you use it on your face be careful to avoid your eyes.
- Always wash your hands before using eye drops.
- Do not wear any type of contact lenses while using eye drops.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to fusidic acid or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for FULITE CREAM
Fusidic Acid Topical
Q.Is fusidic acid a penicillin/ an antibiotic?
Fusidic acid (also available as fucidin) is a narrow-spectrum antibiotic. It is not penicillin, but it may kill certain bacteria, which are resistant to penicillin antibiotics
Q.What is fusidic cream used for/ is it good for acne/spots/ringworm/athlete's foot?
Fusidic cream is used to clear skin infection quickly, particularly where the infection only covers a small area. It can be used for treating acne and spots caused by bacterial infections. It is not used for treating fungal infections such as athlete's foot or ringworm. Always follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Is fusidic acid available over the counter?
No, it is available only with your doctor's prescription
Q.Is fusidic acid and sodium fusidate same?
Sodium fusidate is a salt of fusidic acid and it works in the same way as fusidic acid
Q.Is fucidin a steroid/ used for impetigo/ good for cold sores/ good for spots/ good for boils/good for treating herpes?
Fucidin is not a steroid. As per doctor's recommendation it can be used for treating impetigo, boils, spots and cold sores, redness as a result of bacterial infection. It is not used for viral diseases that affect the skin such as herpes simplex, varicella (chickenpox) and vaccinia
Q.How long does fusidic acid take to work?
You should see results after a few days of fusidic acid treatment; however it depends upon the condition for which it is being treated (for e.g. a course of treatment for impetigo typically lasts for around 7-10 days) and also other factors (age, body weight, other medical conditions etc.