Information about Fusidic Acid
Fusidic Acid Uses
Fusidic Acid is used in the treatment of bacterial skin infections and bacterial eye infections.
How Fusidic Acid works
Fusidic Acid is an antibiotic. It works by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. Thus, it stops the bacteria from growing, and prevents the infection from spreading.
Common side effects of Fusidic Acid
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Available Medicine for Fusidic Acid
FusiwalWallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹50 to ₹1484 variant(s)
FudicHegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP
₹50 to ₹1012 variant(s)
BactafuzMankind Pharma Ltd
₹50 to ₹1084 variant(s)
SudifKLM Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹45 to ₹1012 variant(s)
FusicareDermo Care Laboratories
₹41 to ₹822 variant(s)
Aloederm FDabur India Ltd
FutopOaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹92 to ₹1402 variant(s)
FusibestSystopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Fusidic Acid
- Fusidic Acid treats bacterial skin infections such as impetigo and infected dermatitis.
- Don't use it for more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Apply it gently to the infected area of skin three to four times a day.
- Avoid contact with your eyes, nose or mouth. Rinse off with water if you accidentally get the cream in these areas.
- Don't cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- Inform your doctor if your infection becomes worse during treatment or if it comes back after you have stopped treatment with Fusidic Acid.