Information about Fusidic Acid
Fusidic acid uses
Fusidic Acid is used in the treatment of bacterial skin infections.
How fusidic acid works
Fusidic Acid is an antibiotic. It works by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. Thus, it stops the bacteria from growing, and prevents the infection from spreading.
Common side effects of fusidic acid
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Available Medicine for Fusidic Acid
- ₹47 to ₹141Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹96Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP2 variant(s)
- ₹46Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹44 to ₹90Indi Pharma4 variant(s)
- ₹41 to ₹140Oaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹96KLM Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹41 to ₹83Dermo Care Laboratories2 variant(s)
- ₹87Dabur India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹93Talent India1 variant(s)
- ₹87Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fusidic Acid
- Fusidic Acid treats bacterial skin infections such as impetigo and infected dermatitis.
- Don't use it for more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Apply it gently to the infected area of skin three to four times a day.
- Avoid contact with your eyes, nose or mouth. Rinse off with water if you accidentally get the cream in these areas.
- Don't cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- Inform your doctor if your infection becomes worse during treatment or if it comes back after you have stopped treatment with Fusidic Acid.
Frequently asked questions for Fusidic Acid
Q. How often should I apply Fusidic Acid?
Fusidic Acid should be used as advised by your doctor. It is recommended to apply Fusidic Acid for three to four times daily on the infected area.
Q. How long does Fusidic Acid take to work?
Usually, Fusidic Acid takes about few days to work. Its important to finish the full course of treatment to get rid of your skin infection. Inform your doctor if your infection did not get cured even after finishing the full course of treatment.
Q. Can Fusidic Acid be used on an open wound?
Fusidic Acid can be used on open wound. It is helpful in the treatment of wound infection.
Q. How long should I use Fusidic Acid for?
Use Fusidic Acid for the duration recommended by your doctor. It should be used for 1-2 weeks for skin infection. However, sometimes it can be used for a longer duration of time.