food interaction for FORTUM
alcohol interaction for FORTUM
pregnancy interaction for FORTUM
lactation interaction for FORTUM
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR FORTUM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR FORTUM
- TAZID 250 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 73.42/injectionRs. 73.42pay 900% more per injection
- CEFAZID 250MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 28.91/ML of injectionRs. 57.83pay 294% more per ML of injection
- MEGAZID 250MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Mapra Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 73.35/ML of injectionRs. 73.35pay 899% more per ML of injection
- SPECTRAZID 250MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Apex Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 36.75/ML of injectionRs. 73.50pay 401% more per ML of injection
- CEFTA 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)P R G Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 35.71/injectionRs. 35.71pay 386% more per injection
Expert advice FOR FORTUM
- Ceftazidime is usually given by a doctor or a nurse as an injection directly into the vein or muscle.
- Do not drive if you feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with ceftazidime.
- If you are taking birth conrol pills, ceftazidime can make them less effective. Ask your doctor about using a non-hormone method of birth control while taking this drug to avoid pregnancy.
- Do not start or continue the ceftazidime and consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR FORTUM
Q. Is ceftazidime a sulfa, penicillin or a beta lactam drug?
Ceftazidime does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is beta lactam cephalosporin antibiotic
Q. Is ceftazidime the same as Rocephin?
No, Rocephin is the brand name for ceftriaxone
Q. Is ceftazidime dialyzable?
Yes, ceftazidime is a dialyzable drug
Q. Is ceftazidime and ciprofloxacin compatible?
Yes, ceftazidime and ciprofloxacin are compatible when taken together
Q. What organisms does ceftazidime cover?
Ceftazidime is active against pseudomonas, anaerobes, and staphylococcus bacteria. It may not be effective against methicillin- resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
Q. Is ceftazidime nephrotoxic?
No, ceftazidime is not a nephrotoxic drug when given alone but when given along with aminoglycoside antibiotics (gentamicin, tobramycin) or diuretics such as furosemide, it may increase nephrotoxicity.