food interaction for FARONEM
alcohol interaction for FARONEM
pregnancy interaction for FARONEM
lactation interaction for FARONEM
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FARONEM
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for FARONEM 200 MG TABLET
Patients taking FARONEM 200 MG TABLET
- 57%Twice A Day
- 27%Thrice A Day
- 9%Once A Day
- 6%Alternate Day
- 1%Twice A Week
- 1%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for FARONEM
- FAROBACT 200 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 67/tabletRs. 402save 6% more per tablet
- FARONAC 200 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 69.33/tabletRs. 416save 3% more per tablet
- DUONEM 200 MG TABLET(3 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 70.17/tabletRs. 210.50save 1% more per tablet
- ORPENEM 200 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 66.33/tabletRs. 398save 7% more per tablet
- ALPENAM O 200 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 50.80/tabletRs. 304.81save 29% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for FARONEM
- If you have a family history of allergy (atopy) or severe allergic reaction (hypersensitivity) to penicillin,cephalosporin or carbapenem drugs.
- If you have kidney problem.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- If you experience diarrhea andloose bowel movements.
Frequently asked questions for FARONEM
Q.What is faropenem sodium?
Faropenem is a carbapenem beta-lactamase inhibitor used as the sodium salt to increase the antibacterial activity
Q.Is faropenem safe?
Faropenem is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.What organisms does faropenem cover?
Faropenem is drug of choice for many gram-positive as well as gram-negative bacteria, including some anaerobes. It is mainly effective against Streptococcus pyogenes, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Streptococcus milleri, Streptococcus viridans, Staphylococcus aureus, oxacillin susceptible staphylococci, Enterococcus faecalis, Enterococcus faecalis, Enterococcus faecium, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Neisseria meningitides, Haemophillus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis, Providentia stuartii, Bacteroides fragilis, Clostridium perfringens, Citrobacter spp., Salmonella spp., Shigella spp., Klebsiella spp., and Peptostreptococcus spp.