Information about Faropenem
Faropenem is used in serious bacterial infections. It is used for respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infection, skin and skin structure infections and gynaecological infections.
How faropenem works
Faropenem is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human body.
Common side effects of faropenem
Nausea, Vomiting, Seizure
Available Medicine for Faropenem
- ₹453 to ₹570Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹115 to ₹572Zydus Cadila4 variant(s)
- ₹430 to ₹520Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹450 to ₹571Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹382 to ₹480Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹398 to ₹509Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹231Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries1 variant(s)
- ₹229 to ₹315Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹315Taj Pharma India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹415 to ₹521Daiwa Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Faropenem
Faropenem tablet should be used with caution in patients with poor oral intake or poor general state because of vitamin K deficiency and elderly people. Do not start or continue the faropenem and consult your doctor:
- If you have a family history of allergy (atopy) or severe allergic reaction (hypersensitivity) to penicillin,cephalosporin or carbapenem drugs.
- If you have kidney problem.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- If you experience diarrhea andloose bowel movements.
Frequently asked questions for Faropenem
Q. What is Faropenem sodium?
Faropenem sodium is an antibiotic which belongs to the carbapenem group of beta-lactam antibiotics. It shows a broad antibacterial activity against both aerobic and anaerobic gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
Q. Is Faropenem safe?
Faropenem is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. What organisms does Faropenem cover?
Faropenem is the drug of choice for many infections caused by gram-positive as well as gram-negative bacteria, including some anaerobes. It is mainly effective against Streptococcus pyogenes, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Streptococcus milleri, Streptococcus viridans, Staphylococcus aureus, oxacillin susceptible staphylococci, Enterococcus faecalis, Enterococcus faecalis, Enterococcus faecium, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Neisseria meningitides, Haemophillus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis, Providentia stuartii, Bacteroides fragilis, Clostridium perfringens, Citrobacter spp., Salmonella spp., Shigella spp., Klebsiella spp., and Peptostreptococcus spp.