Information about Faropenem
Faropenem is used in Serious bacterial infections.
How faropenem works
Faropenem is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Common side effects of faropenem
Nausea, Vomiting, Seizure
Available Medicine for Faropenem
- ₹427Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹115 to ₹521Zydus Cadila4 variant(s)
- ₹402Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹416Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹382Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹398Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹210 to ₹474Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries2 variant(s)
- ₹229 to ₹289Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹431Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹304Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Faropenem
Faropenem tablet should be used with caution in patients with poor oral intake or poor general state because of vitamin K deficiency and elderly people. Do not start or continue the faropenem and consult your doctor:
- If you have a family history of allergy (atopy) or severe allergic reaction (hypersensitivity) to penicillin,cephalosporin or carbapenem drugs.
- If you have kidney problem.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- If you experience diarrhea andloose bowel movements.
Frequently asked questions for Faropenem
Q. What is Faropenem sodium?
Faropenem sodium is an antibiotic which belongs to the carbapenem group of beta-lactam antibiotics. It shows a broad antibacterial activity against both aerobic and anaerobic gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
Q. Is Faropenem safe?
Faropenem is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. What organisms does Faropenem cover?
Faropenem is the drug of choice for many infections caused by gram-positive as well as gram-negative bacteria, including some anaerobes. It is mainly effective against Streptococcus pyogenes, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Streptococcus milleri, Streptococcus viridans, Staphylococcus aureus, oxacillin susceptible staphylococci, Enterococcus faecalis, Enterococcus faecalis, Enterococcus faecium, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Neisseria meningitides, Haemophillus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis, Providentia stuartii, Bacteroides fragilis, Clostridium perfringens, Citrobacter spp., Salmonella spp., Shigella spp., Klebsiella spp., and Peptostreptococcus spp.