food interaction for ETOSYS
alcohol interaction for ETOSYS
pregnancy interaction for ETOSYS
lactation interaction for ETOSYS
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ETOSYS
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR ETOSYS TABLET
Patients taking ETOSYS TABLET
- 75%Thrice A Day
- 14%Twice A Day
- 7%Alternate Day
- 4%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR ETOSYS
- TRAPIC E TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 17.70/tabletRs. 177pay 28% more per tablet
- COSKLOT PLUS 250 MG/250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Adcock Ingram Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 14.33/tabletRs. 143.30pay 4% more per tablet
- MENOGUARD 250MG/250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ind Swift Laboratories LtdRs. 21.23/tabletRs. 212.25pay 54% more per tablet
- CLOTAWIN T 250MG/250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)BestoChem Formulations India LtdRs. 13.45/tabletRs. 134.54save 3% more per tablet
- SYL PLUS TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Bennet Pharmaceuticals LimitedRs. 15/tabletRs. 150pay 9% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR ETOSYS
- before the start of menstruation.
- If you are a woman >45 years of age
- If you are allergic to tranexamic acid or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- Consult your doctor if menstrual bleeding is not reduced after three menstrual cycles.
- To be sure this medication is not causing harmful effects, your vision may need to be tested while you are using tranexamic acid. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Frequently asked questions FOR ETOSYS
Q. Is tranexamic acid a NSAID/steroid/a blood thinner/painkiller?
No, tranexamic acid belongs to a class of medications called antifibrinolytic, which are used to prevent the breakdown of blood clots in the body, thereby reducing bleeding. It is not an NSAID, steroid, blood thinner, or pain-killer
Q. Is tranexamic acid an over the counter drug?
No, it is available as a prescription drug
Q. Is tranexamic acid FDA approved?
Yes, tranexamic acid is approved by FDA, and marketed in most countries
Q. Can I take tranexamic acid with ibuprofen/ paracetamol/ Cerazette (progesterone alone contraceptive pill)/ norethisterone/ mefanamic acid/ diclofenac/ Provera (medroxyprogesterone) /antibiotics?
Cerazette (progesterone alone contraceptive pill)/ norethisterone/ Provera (medroxyprogesterone) are contraindicated with tranexamic acid. No clinically observed drug interaction has been reported with paracetamol, ibuprofen or diclofenac. Please consult your doctor when using concomitantly
Q. How long can I take Tranexamic acid?
It is advisable to take this drug only till prescribed by the doctor
Q. Does tranexamic acid stop period/ period pain?
Tranexamic acid helps to reduce excessive bleeding during heavy menstrual cycle. It may not reduce the pain associated with periods
Q. Does tranexamic acid affect ovulation/fertility/ heels cramp/cause a blood clot/ stop bleeding?
Tranexamic acid helps to reduce excessive bleeding during heavy menstrual cycle. It does not reduce fertility or ovulation, and is not known to cause leg cramps or, blood clot. Always follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.
Q. How does ethamsylate work?
Ethamsylate belongs to a class of medications called hemostatic agent. It acts by stopping bleeding from small blood vessels by stabilizing the wall of these blood vessels and improving platelet (blood cells that help in clotting)function.