food interaction for ESAM LT
alcohol interaction for ESAM LT
pregnancy interaction for ESAM LT
lactation interaction for ESAM LT
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ESAM LT
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR ESAM LT 50 MG/2.5 MG TABLET
Patients taking ESAM LT 50 MG/2.5 MG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR ESAM LT
- ESLO TAN TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 12.36/tabletRs. 123.60pay 17% more per tablet
- NUSAR AM 50 MG/2.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 13.62/tabletRs. 136.25pay 29% more per tablet
- ESPIN-LT TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.90/tabletRs. 109pay 3% more per tablet
- LARA SA 50 MG/2.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 9.80/tabletRs. 98save 8% more per tablet
- ASOMEX LT 50MG/2.5MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 13.62/tabletRs. 204.35pay 29% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR ESAM LT
- Losartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Losartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Losartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Losartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
Frequently asked questions FOR ESAM LT
Q. Is losartan a blood thinner?
No, losartan is from a class of medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It works by blocking the action of certain natural substances that tighten the blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently
Q. Is losartan safe?
Losartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is losartan the same as losartan potassium?
Yes. Losartan is available in the market as losartan potassium. So, the salt form of losartan contains potassium, however, check the bottle before use
Q. Is losartan generic?
Yes, it is the generic drug
Q. Is losartan a water pill?
No, it belongs to a class of medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists
Q. Is losartan gluten free?
Yes. losartan is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q. Does losartan contain potassium?
Losartan is available in the market as losartan potassium. So, the salt form of losartan contains potassium, however, check the bottle before use
Q. Can I take losartan with Benadryl/atenolol/Xanax/Viagra/Nyquil/metoprolol?
Atenolol, metoprolol and Xanax may lower blood pressure when taken along with losartan. No clinically observed drug interaction is observed with Viagra, Nyquil, and alcohol. Please follow doctor’s advice regarding its use
Q. Does losartan cause constipation/infrequent urination/ drowsiness/ headache/ itching/ cough/ lower heart rate?
Losartan causes headache, drowsiness. Constipation, infrequent urination, itching, cough and low heart rate are not reported. Patient should fallow doctor’s advice regarding the possible side effects.
Q. Is amlodipine safe?
Amlodipine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is amlodipine a diuretic/ blood thinner/ beta-blocker/ statin/ ACE inhibitor or a nitrate?
Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker, not a diuretic, blood thinner, beta-blocker, statin, ACE inhibitor or a nitrate
Q. Can I take amlodipine with Viagra?
Amlodipine does not have any significant interaction with sildenafil, the active ingredient of Viagra. However, consult your doctor before taking both the drugs together
Q. Does amlodipine cause gout or coughing?
Amlodipine does not cause gout, in fact it can be taken by gout patients for the appropriate indication. Coughing is a very rare side effect of amlodipine
Q. What is Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 used for?
Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 are some of the trade names of amlodipine and used for the same indications as amlodipine.