Losartan + Amlodipine
Information about Losartan + Amlodipine
Losartan + Amlodipine Uses
Losartan+Amlodipine is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How Losartan + Amlodipine works
Losartan + Amlodipine is a combination of two medicines: Losartan and Amlodipine which lower blood pressure effectively. Losartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) and Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker (CCB). They work by relaxing the blood vessels and making the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body.
Common side effects of Losartan + Amlodipine
Sleepiness, Taste change, Ankle swelling, Headache, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Dizziness, Tiredness, Palpitations, Upset stomach, Increased potassium level in blood
Available Medicine for Losartan + Amlodipine
Losar-ATorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
AmlozaarMicro Labs Ltd
₹32 to ₹1402 variant(s)
Amlokind-LMankind Pharma Ltd
Nusar-AMEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹32 to ₹1803 variant(s)
Repace AFSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Eslo TanZuventus Healthcare Ltd
TozamTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Asomex-LTEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹124 to ₹2703 variant(s)
CovamloSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Expert advice for Losartan + Amlodipine
- Losartan + Amlodipine is a combination of two medicines that provides better blood pressure control than either medicine alone.
- Losartan + Amlodipine may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause you to feel lightheaded or weak especially when you stand up. Rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may enhance the blood pressure lowering effect of this medicine.
- It can cause ankle or foot swelling. Raise your legs while you are sitting down and talk to your doctor if it does not go away.
- Do not take Losartan + Amlodipine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.