Medicine Overview of Erbitux Infusion
Side effects of Erbitux Infusion
Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Conjunctivitis, Skin rash, Diarrhoea, Infusion reaction, Decreased magnesium level in blood, Increased liver enzymes.
How to use Erbitux Infusion
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
How Erbitux Infusion works
Erbitux 5mg infusion is a monoclonal antibody that specifically binds to receptors on cancer cells. Thus it flags the cancer cells for destruction by the body's immune system.
In Depth Information on Erbitux Infusion
Expert advice for Erbitux Infusion
- Administration of anti-allergy medication including steroids is mandatory at least one hour before cetuximab infusion.
- Caution is to be observed while driving or using machinery after taking Cetuximab.
- Cetuximab may also adversely affect skin and eyes with symptoms like blurred vision, eye pain and dry eye.
- Frequent monitoring for infections and levels of white blood cells is required, if cetuximab is given with certain other anti-cancer drugs (platinum compounds like cisplatin, carboplatin, oxaliplatin).
- There is increased risk of occurrence of heart problems if cetuximab is given with certain other anti-cancer drugs (fluoropyrimidines like capecitabine, fluorouracil).
- Caution is to be observed in case of administering cetuximab to elderly patient with heart problems.
Special precautions for Erbitux 5mg Infusion
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Erbitux 5mg Infusion may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Erbitux 5mg Infusion is probably safe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
It is not known whether Erbitux 5mg Infusion alters the abil+more
ity to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Erbitux+more
5mg Infusion in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Cetuximab, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Erbitux 5mg Infusion
Frequently asked questions for Cetuximab
Erbitux is a cytotoxic drug that is used in the chemotherapy of cancers of colon and rectum, and head-neck cancers
It is not a radiosensitizer, but usually used in combination with radiotherapy to treat the cancers. It is not a vesicant (irritant)
Yes, Erbitux is approved by US FDA in 2009 to treat certain type of cancer of colon, rectum and head-neck cancer
Erbitux is generally administered by intravenous (IV infusion) route, with or without radiotherapy
Yes. Erbitux is a chemotherapy agent, which may cause hair loss. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effect
Erbitux may cause rashes
Q. How long does the rash last?
The duration of skin rash depends upon its type and severity. Please consult your doctor for advice.
Substitutes for Erbitux
No substitutes found for this medicine