Medicine Overview of Episert Cream
Uses of Episert Cream
Episert Cream is used in the treatment of Fungal infections.
Side effects of Episert Cream
Nausea, Abdominal pain, Skin rash, Increased liver enzymes.
How to use Episert Cream
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Episert Cream works
Episert cream stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
In Depth Information on Episert Cream
Expert advice for Episert Cream
- Wash your hands before and after applying the medication to the affected area(s).
- Inform your doctor immediately if the area of application shows signs of increased irritation, redness, itching, burning, blistering, swelling or oozing.
- Use the sertaconazole for the full treatment time recommended by your doctor. Do not stop if the symptoms may have improved.
- Do not use any bandages, dressings, or wraps unless directed by your doctor.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, nose, mouth and other mucous membranes.
- For vaginal creams, use the applicator as directed on the package insert.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while using sertaconazole cream, contact you doctor.
- Use sertaconazole only for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- Use sertaconazole with extreme caution in children younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
Special precautions for Episert Cream
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Episert Cream may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Episert Cream is probably safe to use during lactation. Lim+more
ited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Episert Cream may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or dec+more
rease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
There is limited information available on the use of Episert+more
Cream in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Sertaconazole, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Episert 2% w/w Cream
Frequently asked questions for Sertaconazole
Episert is antifungal agent used to treat fungal infections of the foot (between digits), vagina, hands, groin or buttocks
Q. What is Onabet B?
Onabet B contains a steroid beclomethasone in addition to sertaconazole. Sertaconazole is antifungal agent used to treat fungal infections of the foot (between digits), vagina, hands, groin or buttocks. Always follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. What is Onabet V1?
Onabet V1 contains sertaconazole in a tablet form. This tablet is to be inserted into the vagina for treatment of vaginal fungal infections. Always follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
No, Episert is a scheduled medicine, available on producing a prescription.
User Submitted Feedback For Episert 2% w/w Cream
Patients taking Episert Cream
Once A Day
Twice A Day
How effective is this medicine?
Do you find this medicine expensive?