Information about Sertaconazole
Sertaconazole is used in the treatment of fungal infections.
How sertaconazole works
Sertaconazole stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
Common side effects of sertaconazole
Nausea, Abdominal pain, Skin rash, Increased liver enzymes
Available Medicine for Sertaconazole
- ₹116 to ₹275Oaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹130 to ₹250Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹115 to ₹190KLM Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹82 to ₹210Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sertaconazole
- Wash your hands before and after applying the medication to the affected area(s).
- Inform your doctor immediately if the area of application shows signs of increased irritation, redness, itching, burning, blistering, swelling or oozing.
- Use the sertaconazole for the full treatment time recommended by your doctor. Do not stop if the symptoms may have improved.
- Do not use any bandages, dressings, or wraps unless directed by your doctor.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, nose, mouth and other mucous membranes.
- For vaginal creams, use the applicator as directed on the package insert.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while using sertaconazole cream, contact you doctor.
- Use sertaconazole only for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- Use sertaconazole with extreme caution in children younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
Frequently asked questions for Sertaconazole
Q. What is sertoconazole/Onabet cream/Onabet lotion/Sertaconazole nitrate creams used for?
Sertaconazole is antifungal agent used to treat fungal infections of the foot (between digits), vagina, hands, groin or buttocks
Q. What is Onabet B?
Onabet B contains a steroid beclomethasone in addition to sertaconazole. Sertaconazole is antifungal agent used to treat fungal infections of the foot (between digits), vagina, hands, groin or buttocks. Always follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. What is Onabet V1?
Onabet V1 contains sertaconazole in a tablet form. This tablet is to be inserted into the vagina for treatment of vaginal fungal infections. Always follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is Sertaconazole available over-the-counter?
No, Sertaconazole is a scheduled medicine, available on producing a prescription.