Medicine Overview of Epilite Lotion
Uses of Epilite Lotion
Epilite 5% Lotion is used in the treatment of hyperpigmentation and melasma.
Side effects of Epilite Lotion
Skin irritation, Allergic contact dermatitis.
How to use Epilite Lotion
This medicine is for external use only. Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Shake it well and apply to the area evenly.
How Epilite Lotion works
Hydroquinone bleaches the skin by reducing the accumulation of skin pigment called melanin that causes darkening of skin. It interferes with the synthesis of melanin and hampers important processes within cells that produce melanin (melanocytes). The bleaching effect of hydroquinone is reversible (reversible depigmentation)..
In Depth Information on Epilite Lotion
Expert advice for Epilite Lotion
- Please use hydroquinone products carefully. Its skin bleaching action may produce unwanted cosmetic effects if not used as directed.
- Use of sunscreen is a must while using hydroquinone. Avoid unnecessary sun exposures and cover the treated areas with clothing. Even minimal exposure to sunlight can reverse the bleaching effect of hydroquinone.
- Discontinue use and contact your doctor immediately if you develop allergic skin reaction or notice blue-black darkening of skin upon use of hydroquinone.
- Hydroquinone creams are meant for external use on the skin only. Immediately wash-off with water, if the cream gets into your eyes, nose, mouth, or on your lips.
- Do not use hydroquinone creams on broken, irritated or injured skin.
- Do not use hydroquinone creams with other creams that contain peroxides (hydrogen peroxide/benzoyl peroxide). This may produce a dark stain on your skin which can be removed by stopping the use of peroxides and washing with soap and water.
- Do not use hydroquinone creams with other creams that contain resorcinol, phenol, or salicylic acid unless advised by your doctor.
- Please check, if the hydroquinone cream contains sulfites. Such products may trigger allergic reactions in individuals with asthma.
- You may be advised by your doctor to perform a skin sensitivity test to avoid any allergic reaction.
- Do consult your doctor before using hydroquinone, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Epilite 5% Lotion
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Epilite 5% Lotion may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Epilite 5% Lotion is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Epilite 5% Lotion does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Epilite+more
5% Lotion in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Epilite+more
5% Lotion in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Hydroquinone, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Epilite 5% Lotion
Frequently asked questions for Hydroquinone
Yes. Epilite is used to bleach dark patches of skin. It is available as creams to be applied externally and is safe if used as directed, for the prescribed duration by your doctor. Occasionally it may cause side effects-red, sore, itchy, inflamed skin indicating an allergic reaction. Please contact your doctor immediately if you notice any such skin reactions
No.Epilite does not have a structure or effect similar to steroids
Yes.Epilite is used to bleach dark patches of skin and can be used on the face. It is available as creams to be applied externally and is safe if used as directed for the prescribed duration by your doctor. Please limit sun exposures and apply sunscreens or cover the treated area with protective clothing. Even minimal exposure to sun can reverse the bleaching effect of Epilite
No.Epilite is available and is not a banned drug in India
Studies of Epilite in animals have indicated some evidences of cancer causing potential (carcinogenicity). However, the carcinogenic effects in human are not known
No. Epilite is not toxic if used as directed, for the prescribed duration by your doctor. It is available as creams and meant for external use on the skin onl
Epilite bleaches/lightens dark patches of skin
It reduces the accumulation of skin pigment called melanin that causes darkening of skin. This effect of Epilite is reversible (reversible depigmentation) with time and exposure to sun and therefore not permanent
No. Epilite has no known effect on bleaching clothes
Epilite may cause blue-black darkening of skin. This is not the normal effect of Epilite. Discontinue use and contact your doctor immediately if you notice darkening of skin upon use of Epilite
No. Epilite is used to bleach or lighten dark patches of skin. It has no known effect in the treatment of acne
Occasionally Epilite may cause side effects – redness of skin, sore, itchy, inflamed skin indicating an allergic reaction. Please contact your doctor immediately if you notice any such skin reactions.
User Submitted Feedback For Epilite 5% Lotion
Patients taking Epilite 5% Lotion
Once A Day
Twice A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Hyperpigmentation (Dark skin patches)
Melasma (Dark and discolored patches on the skin)
Survey Participants: 15
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Epilite 5% Lotion. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Epilite 5% Lotion: SAT, LHA, AAR, 9T9, NVL, RSA, BLP, OLT, AYU, RSS, KHH, DPP, OHM, OIP, MMS, HBV, AGT, BIO, DFP, SJP, BSN, HIP, STA, JMJ, NWP, DEL, SSA, LCC, ADT, ATL, MPC, OWP, HEX, IPL, PEN, GNC, HGI, BTM, USF, RPP, ATP, PLT, RJH, DYG, SWA, RUS, RHW, EQN, PTS, PNT, BDN, RKS, MAK, SBL, NDP, ZVP, MAX, GTC, ENP, FGH, GPT, SBA, EMB, DLP, MOM, AAY, DDR, SHM, SHP, SAF, GTK, JIV, PSP, WSI
Substitutes for Epilite
No substitutes found for this medicine