Information about Hydroquinone
Hydroquinone is used in the treatment of melasma.
How Hydroquinone works
Hydroquinone is a skin lightening medication. It works by reducing the amount of a pigment (melanin) that causes darkening of skin. It does so by suppressing the activity of tyrosinase, the enzyme required to make melanin.
Common side effects of Hydroquinone
Dry skin, Itching, Skin burn, Skin peeling, Erythema (skin redness)
Available Medicine for Hydroquinone
EukromaYash Pharma Laboratories Pvt Ltd
MelanormUnimarck Pharma India Ltd
₹106 to ₹3953 variant(s)
HydeMenarini India Pvt Ltd
₹88 to ₹1042 variant(s)
CutihydeResilient Cosmecueticals Pvt Ltd
HQ 3Palsons Derma
LopigPanzer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
HypigDermo Care Laboratories
Hypig 15Dermo Care Laboratories
EpilitePercos India Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Hydroquinone
- Hydroquinone helps in lightening of hyperpigmented skin.
- It should always be used along with sun-avoidance measures, like using sunscreens (UV-A and UV-B protective) and wearing protective clothing.
- Apply a thin film to and around the affected area/lesion.
- Avoid getting it in your eyes or mouth. If this happens, rinse with water immediately.
- Apply it as per the dose and duration advised by your doctor with regular follow-up.
- Apply a very small amount of cream to check an allergic reaction. Continue with the treatment if no allergic reaction occurs in 24 hours.
- Do not apply on broken or infected areas of skin. Discontinue use if you experience irritation or allergy and consult your doctor.