Medicine Overview of Emquin Tablet
Emquin 250mg Tablet is used in the treatment of malaria
Abdominal pain, Mood changes, Vomiting, Dizziness, Muscle weakness, Loss of appetite, Hair loss, Itching, Hearing disorder, Blurred vision, Visual disturbance, Headache, Bloating, Altered heart rate, Photopsia (presence of perceived flashes of light), Eye disorder, Drowsiness, Ringing in ear, Rash.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Emquin 250mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
Emquin 250mg Tablet is a weak base that reaches high concentration within the malarial parasite and causes accumulation of toxic heme pigment, which kills it.
In Depth Information on Emquin Tablet
- Take this medication with meals or milk to decrease the risk of stomach upset.
- This medication may cause blurred vision and may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful while driving doing anything that requires you to be alert and able to see clearly.
- Do not start or continue the chloroquine tablets, If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to chloroquine or any of the other ingredients of chloroquine tablet.
- Do not start or continue the chloroquine tablets, if you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant.
- Check the blood glucose levels during the treatment with chloroquine.
- Consult your doctor if you experience rash with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS) syndrome after taking chloroquine.
- Do not use long-term high dosage therapy unless no other drug is available.
- Eye examination prior to and at 3–6 monthly intervals during use is required if patients are receiving chloroquine at continuous high doses for longer duration.
- Full blood counts should be carried out regularly. Caution is required if drugs which induce blood disorders are used concurrently.
Emquin Tablet related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Emquin 250mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Emquin 250mg Tablet is safe to use during lactation.
Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
Sometimes Emquin 250mg Tablet causes blurred eyesight or makes it difficult to focus your eyes which may affect your ability to drive.
Emquin 250mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Emquin 250mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Emquin 250mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Emquin 250mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Regular monitoring of liver function tests may be advised while you are taking this medicine.
User Submitted Feedback For Emquin 250mg Tablet
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Emquin 250mg Tablet. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Emquin Tablet
Q. Is chloroquine a quinine/antibiotic/ contain sulpha/ is still used?
No, it is 4-aminoquinoline and not a quinine/antibiotic. It does not contain sulfa. It is used for the treatment of malaria (due to P. vivax, P.malariae, P. ovale, and susceptible strains of P. falciparum), prevention and suppression of malaria, amoebic hepatitis and abscess, discoid and systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis
Yes,it is available over the counter
No, as there may be a risk of hemolysis in patients with G6PD deficiency. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Yes, it is banned in Nigeria
Q. What is Lariago tablet/Lariago syrup/Lariago-DS/ Resochin used for?
These are the trade names of products containing the drug chloroquine and are used in the treatment of malaria
No, it does not affect birth control/ affect birth control pill/contraceptive pill/ menstrual cycle. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Emquin causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Emquin 250mg Tablet: PLT, OLT, AGT, MSD, SWP, MPC, PNT, BBS, TNH, GBL, DPP, SWA, NNH, HPC, RSS, DDR, RKS, SCH, STA, DLP, ADT, SRG, MAX, MOM, CLT, ZVP, BMJ, SHD, JMJ, BIO, OIP, IPL, ENP, INC, SVH, OHM, RUS, SYN, WSI, TRP, JIV, AYU, RWP, GTC, GNC, PVP, AAY, EMB, SAT, HGI, ATL, SAF, RPP, NDP, SDM, BTM, PTI, HBV, TOM, NSL, VRS, HMP, WHL, RHW, ANT, HAT, LHA, SSA, SBA, RJH, MDO, ABP, BSN, PEN, MAK, 9T9, JVO, KHH, FGH, RHL, THP, DYG, ARD, GPT, OWP, BAL, ZEL, GPP, SBL, HIP, PPR, NWP, BHP, DPL, PRN, LCC, AVN, IAD, NVY, GTK, MLC, DHR, UMP, PWN, AMR, NVL, RSA, USF, ATP, SJP, SHP, NXG, NTB, DFP, MAM, HEX, MMS, SGC, JVN, DGN, AAR, BDN, EQN