Substitutes for Dresin
No substitutes found for this medicine
Medicine Overview of Dresin Cream
Uses of Dresin Cream
Dresin Cream is used to prevent Infections.
Side effects of Dresin Cream
Allergy, Eye swelling, Eye damage, Skin rash, Skin redness.
How to use Dresin Cream
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Dresin Cream works
Povidone Iodine belongs to the class of medications called as antiseptics. It works by liberating iodine after coming in contact with the skin causing antiseptic action thereby killing microorganisms.
In Depth Information on Dresin Cream
Expert advice for Dresin Cream
- Seek doctor’s advice before use, if injuries are deep or there are puncture wounds or serious burns.
- If you experience skin rash, hives, or itching, or any other unusual reaction after using povidone iodine topical, discontinue use and contact your doctor as soon as possible.
- Povidone iodine cutaneous spray powder is meant for external application and should not be instilled in eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Do not use the povidone iodine solution on large parts of the body for more than a week unless advised by your doctor.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to povidone iodine, iodine or to any of its ingredients.
- It should not take if patient is having thyroid disorders, in particular overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), goiter (enlarged thyroid), Hashimoto's thyroiditis (attack of the immune system on thyroid gland leading to swelling) or prior to receiving radioactive iodine therapy.
- Do not use povidone iodine eye drops for intraocular or periocular injection.
Special precautions for Dresin Cream
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Dresin Cream may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Dresin Cream is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area....
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area.
Dresin Cream does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Dresin+more
Cream in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Dresin NA Cream
Frequently asked questions for Povidone Iodine Topical
Q. Is povidone iodine topical the same as betadine?
Yes. Betadine is the brand name of povidone iodine topical
Q. Is povidone iodine topical the same as iodine or iodine tincture?
No. Povidone iodine topical is the stable chemical complex of povidone (polyvinylpyrrolidone i.e. PVP) and elemental iodine. Iodine tincture has iodine and potassium iodide dissolved in ethanol and water. Both the formulations show antiseptic action
Q. Does povidone iodine topical kill yeast, bacteria or fungus?
Yes. Povidone iodine topical being disinfectant and antiseptic inhibits the growth and development of microorganisms
Q. Does povidone iodine topical burn, stain, sting or hurt?
Topical application of povidone iodine may cause slight irritation. Temporary staining of affected area is also possible. However, it is not a matter of concern and gets resolved quickly
Q. Does povidone iodine stain teeth?
Povidone iodine mouthwash does not stain the teeth, if used as indicated.