food interaction for DRESIN
alcohol interaction for DRESIN
pregnancy interaction for DRESIN
lactation interaction for DRESIN
medicine interaction for DRESIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR DRESIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR DRESINNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR DRESIN
- Seek doctor’s advice before use, if injuries are deep or there are puncture wounds or serious burns.
- If you experience skin rash, hives, or itching, or any other unusual reaction after using povidone iodine topical, discontinue use and contact your doctor as soon as possible.
- Povidone iodine cutaneous spray powder is meant for external application and should not be instilled in eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Do not use the povidone iodine solution on large parts of the body for more than a week unless advised by your doctor.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to povidone iodine, iodine or to any of its ingredients.
- It should not take if patient is having thyroid disorders, in particular overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), goiter (enlarged thyroid), Hashimoto's thyroiditis (attack of the immune system on thyroid gland leading to swelling) or prior to receiving radioactive iodine therapy.
- Do not use povidone iodine eye drops for intraocular or periocular injection.
Frequently asked questions FOR DRESIN
Povidone Iodine Topical
Q. Is povidone iodine topical the same as betadine?
Yes. Betadine is the brand name of povidone iodine topical
Q. Is povidone iodine topical the same as iodine or iodine tincture?
No. Povidone iodine topical is the stable chemical complex of povidone (polyvinylpyrrolidone i.e. PVP) and elemental iodine. Iodine tincture has iodine and potassium iodide dissolved in ethanol and water. Both the formulations show antiseptic action
Q. Does povidone iodine topical kill yeast, bacteria or fungus?
Yes. Povidone iodine topical being disinfectant and antiseptic inhibits the growth and development of microorganisms
Q. Does povidone iodine topical burn, stain, sting or hurt?
Topical application of povidone iodine may cause slight irritation. Temporary staining of affected area is also possible. However, it is not a matter of concern and gets resolved quickly
Q. Does povidone iodine stain teeth?
Povidone iodine mouthwash does not stain the teeth, if used as indicated.