food interaction for DR M TABLET
alcohol interaction for DR M TABLET
pregnancy interaction for DR M TABLET
lactation interaction for DR M TABLET
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR DR M TABLET
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR DR M TABLET
- DROTIN-M TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Walter BushnellRs. 10.96/tabletRs. 109.63pay 81% more per tablet
- DVN PLUS 80 MG/250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Overseas Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 9/tabletRs. 90pay 49% more per tablet
- DROTIKIND M 80 MG/250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 5.44/tabletRs. 54.40save 10% more per tablet
- DROFEM 80 MG/250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)FDC LtdRs. 5.40/tabletRs. 54save 11% more per tablet
- SPURGE TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Obsurge Biotech LtdRs. 8.74/tabletRs. 87.40pay 44% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR DR M TABLET
- Take drotaverine tablets 20 minutes before a meal to relieve or reduce post meal symptoms.
- Consult your doctor before you start drotaverine if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- Stop taking drotaverine and consult a doctor, if experience severe allergic reactions.
- Due to possible side effects such as dizziness and vertigo resulting from hypotension, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Frequently asked questions FOR DR M TABLET
Q. What is drotaverine used for/ What does drotaverine treat?
Drotaverine is used to treat spasm of smooth muscles in organs such as stomach and heart. Drotaverine is mainly used to relieve painful spasms associated with chronic gastroduodenitis (inflammation of the stomach and the duodenum of the small intestine), gastric and duodenal ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome (disorder of the intestines that leads to cramps in the abdomen) and many more conditions of the stomach and intestine that are associated with painful spasm. It may also be used to relieve pain during menstruation (dysmenorrhea).
Q. Is mefenamic acid an antibiotic/ contain codeine?
No. Mefenamic acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug used to treat mild to moderate pain conditions and fever. It not an antibiotic and does not contain codeine
Q. Is mefenamic acid a painkiller?
Yes. Mefenamic acid is mild to moderate painkiller drug
Q. Is mefenamic acid safe?
Mefenamic acid is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is mefenamic acid good for toothache/ for back pain/ headache?
Yes, mefenamic acid can be used to relieve dental pain, back pain and headache
Q. Does mefenamic acid stop periods/ stop bleeding?
Mefenamic acid is used for relieving pain that happens before or during a menstrual period. It does not stop periods or bleeding. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take mefenamic acid with naproxen/ paracetamol/ ibuprofen/ metronidazole/ withtramadol/ with tranexamic acid/ with sertraline/ amoxicillin?
Mefenamic acid may interact with the drugs mentioned above. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be require
Q. Does mefenamic acid make you drowsy?
Mefenamic acid has a rare side effect of causing drowsiness. Always consult your doctor, if you experience such side effects.