Information about Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid
Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid Uses
Drotaverine+Mefenamic Acid is used in the treatment of abdominal pain.
How Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid works
Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid is a combination of two medicines: Drotaverine and Mefenamic Acid, which relieves abdominal pain and cramps. Drotaverine is an anti-spasmodic medicine which relieves contractions (spasms) associated with smooth muscles in the abdomen. Mefenamic Acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause abdominal pain and inflammation (swelling).
Common side effects of Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Dryness in mouth, Heartburn, Vertigo, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Hypotension (low blood pressure), Fast heart rate, Sweating, Constipation, Increased liver enzymes, Increased white blood cell count (eosinophils), Decreased white blood cell count (lymphocytes), Low blood platelets, Purpura, Agranulocytosis (deficiency of granulocytes in the blood), Breathlessness, Ringing in ear, Abdominal pain, Flatulence, Indigestion, Stomach inflammation, Confusion, Depression
Available Medicine for Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid
₹65 to ₹1932 variant(s)
Dvn PlusOverseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Drotikind-MMankind Pharma Ltd
SpurgeObsurge Biotech Ltd
Tame DElan Pharma India Pvt Ltd
Verin MCorona Remedies Pvt Ltd
Tavera MG.M.H. Laboratories
₹57 to ₹702 variant(s)
Dotafac MWanbury Ltd
Lyso SpasCachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid
- Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid helps relieve abdominal pain.
- Take it with food to prevent an upset stomach.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid as it can cause excessive drowsiness and increase your risk of stomach problems.
- If you get diarrhea while taking this medicine, you should stop taking it and consult your doctor.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your kidney and liver function if you are taking this medicine for long-term treatment.