Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid
Information about Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid
Drotaverine + mefenamic acid uses
Drotaverine+Mefenamic Acid is used in the treatment of abdominal pain.
How drotaverine + mefenamic acid works
This is a combination of two medicines: Drotaverine and Mefenamic Acid, which relieves abdominal pain and cramps. Drotaverine is an anti-spasmodic medicine which relieves contractions (spasms) associated with smooth muscles in the abdomen. Mefenamic Acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause abdominal pain and inflammation (swelling).
Common side effects of drotaverine + mefenamic acid
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Loss of appetite, Dryness in mouth, Feeling thirsty, Heartburn
Available Medicine for Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid
- ₹65 to ₹146Walter Bushnell2 variant(s)
- ₹130Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹72Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹95FDC Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹96Obsurge Biotech Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹76Elan Pharma India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹65Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹89Tas Med India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹57 to ₹60G.M.H. Laboratories2 variant(s)
- ₹72Wanbury Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid
- Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid helps relieve abdominal pain.
- Take it with food to prevent an upset stomach.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid as it can cause excessive drowsiness and increase your risk of stomach problems.
- If you get diarrhea while taking this medicine, you should stop taking it and consult your doctor.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your kidney and liver function if you are taking this medicine for long-term treatment.
Frequently asked questions for Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid
Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid
Q. What is Drotaverine+Mefenamic Acid?
Drotaverine+Mefenamic Acid is a combination of two medicines: Drotaverine and Mefenamic acid. This medication helps to relieve abdominal pain. Drotaverine relieves muscle spasms associated with smooth muscles in the abdomen. Mefenamic Acid works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause pain and inflammation (swelling).
Q. Is it safe to use Drotaverine+Mefenamic Acid?
Yes, Drotaverine+Mefenamic Acid is safe for most of the patients with abdominal pain. However, in some patients it may cause common side effects like nausea, vomiting, heartburn, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, dryness in the mouth, weakness, sleepiness and other uncommon or rare side effects. If you experience any persistent problem while taking this medication, inform your doctor as soon as possible.
Q. Can I stop taking Drotaverine+Mefenamic Acid when my pain is relieved?
Drotaverine+Mefenamic Acid is usually used for short term and can be discontinued when your pain is relieved. However, Drotaverine+Mefenamic Acid should be continued if your physician has advised you to do so.
Q. Can the use of Drotaverine+Mefenamic Acid cause nausea and vomiting?
Yes, the use of Drotaverine+Mefenamic Acid can cause nausea and vomiting. Taking it with milk, food or with antacids can prevent nausea. In case of vomiting, drink plenty of water or other fluids by taking small and frequent sips. Also, avoid taking fatty or fried foods along with the medicine. Talk to your doctor if you have vomiting persists and you notice any signs of dehydration like less urination with dark coloured and strong-smelling urine. Do not take any other medicine without consulting your doctor.
Q. Can the use of Drotaverine+Mefenamic Acid cause dry mouth?
Yes, the use of Drotaverine+Mefenamic Acid can cause dry mouth. If you experience dry mouth, drink plenty of water. Take regular sips during the day and keep some water by your bed at night. You may use lip balm if your lips are also dry. Avoid spicy, salty and acidic foods (like lemons).
Q. Can I take a higher than the recommended dose of this medicine?
No, do not take a higher than the recommended dose of Drotaverine+Mefenamic Acid as it can increase the risks of side effects. If you are experiencing increased severity of pain or the pain is not relieved by the recommended doses, please consult your doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. What are the recommended storage conditions for Drotaverine+Mefenamic Acid?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.