Information about Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid
Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid Uses
Drotaverine+Mefenamic Acid is used in the treatment of abdominal pain.
How Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid works
Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid is a combination of two medicines: Drotaverine and Mefenamic Acid, which relieves abdominal pain and cramps. Drotaverine is an anti-spasmodic medicine which relieves contractions (spasms) associated with smooth muscles in the abdomen. Mefenamic Acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause abdominal pain and inflammation (swelling).
Common side effects of Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Loss of appetite, Dryness in mouth, Feeling thirsty, Heartburn
Available Medicine for Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid
₹65 to ₹1762 variant(s)
Dvn PlusOverseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Drotikind-MMankind Pharma Ltd
SpurgeObsurge Biotech Ltd
Tame DElan Pharma India Pvt Ltd
Verin MCorona Remedies Pvt Ltd
Tavera MG.M.H. Laboratories
₹57 to ₹602 variant(s)
Dotafac MWanbury Ltd
Spasmindon NZydus Cadila
Expert advice for Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid
- Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid helps relieve abdominal pain.
- Take it with food to prevent an upset stomach.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid as it can cause excessive drowsiness and increase your risk of stomach problems.
- If you get diarrhea while taking this medicine, you should stop taking it and consult your doctor.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your kidney and liver function if you are taking this medicine for long-term treatment.